Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I know that we're not supposed to discuss religious matters, but a giant spiral appeared over Norway. I suppose that if the world was ending that would also be a forbidden topic.

Any truth to the rumor that the spiral will eventually evolve into a giant astral sign reading "Nokia N900 -- Best In the Galaxy"? Sort of the next generation of skywriting...

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I know that we're not supposed to discuss religious matters, but a giant spiral appeared over Norway. I suppose that if the world was ending that would also be a forbidden topic.

Any truth to the rumor that the spiral will eventually evolve into a giant astral sign reading "Nokia N900 -- Best In the Galaxy"? Sort of the next generation of skywriting...
Lol the N900 religious cult - intruiging

Not heard of this spiral - is it really religious?!

Russian missile failure. Spiralling around like fireworks with a broken steering pin.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l-missile.html
I saw another link where the Russian military actually confirmed the whole thing.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Lafayette, IN
I actually think I like this explanation better...

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I know that we're not supposed to discuss religious matters, but a giant spiral appeared over Norway.
I don't see the connection between giant spiral in Norway and religion.

Its his noodliness playing tricks on us. Next will be messages in spaghetti letters.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Russian defense ministry just confirmed that it was cause by failed missile experiment.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Russian defense ministry just confirmed that it was cause by failed missile experiment.
Wow! So what would a successful one look like?

Come to think of it, there'd be a market for this for advertising, children's parties... the Russian military could make a fortune!

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Which was wierd because they originally said they didn't have any missile testing scheduled. I like fark.com's take on it:

Remember all the talk about the CERN Collider creating black holes? You don't? Well last night, Norwegians sure as hell did

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Wow! So what would a successful one look like?

Come to think of it, there'd be a market for this for advertising, children's parties... the Russian military could make a fortune!
Come to think of it Kathy, since you are the next stop on that trolley line after Norway from Russia's perspective, you might want to ask that from under your bed in your bunker.