Active Topics

Notices

New users of this application should read this Wiki page before installing. Failing to heed the warnings in the Wiki will lead to device instabilities.

Thanks to dj_steve !!!!!!!!!!

We have new e-mail account in use, no limits on amount of e-mails sent a day. Thanks to dj_steve, beside new e-mail account, almost dedicated server we have got a new domain imhere24.com !!

There are few plans how to improve the application and integrate it with web-services, but for now:

PLEASE UNINSTALL OLD VERSION OF THE APPLICATION

WHEN DONE, INSTALL IT AGAIN FROM REPOS

I am sorry for the inconvenience of uninstalling and installing the app again, but I had a reason.....

Anyway.... ENJOY!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT IS AVAILABLE IN EXTRAS_DEVEL

UTILITIES -> "I am here"

That, means, you don't have to install anything extra anymore, all plugins will come togehter with one install click.

And remember, read what is written on the screen!

Edit: Anyone, who does not want to search for it in app manager can download it from my page, look at the signature...

HOOOOO -- RAY !!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just uploaded new version to extras-devel server, now have to wait untill it gets to extras-devel repositories. However if everything goes well new version fixing auto_connect issues will be available shortly. I have also improved the image quality.

I have done a lot of studies on camera hardware manipulation, but it seems that the front camera is very resistive The driver does not want to play with it nicely Moreover plugin for jpeg compression does not do the job well either.... it seems to be somewhat buggy. I was able to get a "very nice" looking video stream comparing to "mirror" application (btw. I can offer some help if new version of mirror app is coming), but capturing image is completely different story...

INSTALLATION

Old version is not compatible with new version, configuration files are located in different places, e-mail authentication has been changed, so FIRST UNINSTALL old version of application, BEFORE INSTALLING new version

Btw. You need to have uninstall checkbox selected to remove/uninstall/upgrade/update or whatever else

Fixes to known issues:
-auto_connect value is read before the reports are started, if needed the app will chang it to "Any" and after the auto_connection is not needed, it will reset the auto_connect to previous state. However, I am not disconnecting the connection automatically. You can use "Autodisconnect" application for that purpose.
-passwords with character like "_" or "£" did not work. They still don't, I have disabled possibility to use some of the characters.
- "." issue in the e-mail address couldn't be repeated by me, so I don't know if it still exxisting
-black pictures or 0 sized. I have increased to buffer number of frames coming from the camera before taking picture. It should help this problem. However as I have written before, the front camera hardware is quite bad, so if there is no sunlight, don't expect to see anything on the picture before the manipulation. I have actually found that using "auto fix" in default windows Vista image viewer can make miracles with totally black pictures

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAINTENANCE BREAK FROM 15:00 GMT+3 on 04-17-10, EMAIL REPORTING WILL NOT WORK.

NEW VERSION WILL BE UPLOADED AFTER THE
BREAK

Hi, finally i am very happy to announce new version of "imhere"

Change log:

Added very strong Encryption of all the password set by the user.

E-mail address checker should be able to validate every valid e-mail address and let it through.

You can disable application removal in the config wizard. If you do it,it will be not possible to uninstall it, unless you change settings again.

GMail account is used for sending e-mails, that means the hotmail receivers should not have problems anymore.

Picture from the main camera is not sent if the shutter is not opened, it saves a lot of bandwith.

Bug fixes related to SIM card change/removal.

Very important option added: Changing connection settings in the background so a popup asking for a choosing connection will not appear.

Minor bug fixes One of the desired features is released: Source code is available for viewing. only one file Data.cpp is not uploaded, because it contains fragile data. It does only store, convert and encode passwords and file locations.

Pictures taken from cameras are not left on the phone, they are automatically deleted when not needed

INSTALLATION:

This version has a different name, configuration is stored in a different place, it has been done much safer now.

Please uninstall old version you have and install new version, simple update will not work, you will be left with 2 applications running So just remember to remove the old one first.

As always the same link for download:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/imhere/

Since you install it from file and not from repository you might need to install gstreamer-tools. Otherwise e-mailed pictures will be empty / black

Known issues:

1.Following actions set up Settings->internet connections->autoconnect to "Any":
*device reboot
*installing application
*starting/stoping reports

2.impossible to use "_" character in passwords. Please don't use it specially for config wizard, you will break the application.

3. "." character no allowed in the first part of the e-mail address currently, I will be debugging this issue shortly

Please... be careful and read every text you see in the Configuration Wizard. It will help you to avoid unexpected problems.

APPLICATION HIDES THE CONFIGURATION FILE IN NOT USUAL PLACES. CURRENT VERSION'S CONFIGURATION FILE IS LOCATED IN NON STANDARD PLACE: /ETC/OMAPCAM/CM4397.ENC.

IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS WITH CONFIGURATION AND YOUR APPLICATION DOES NOT FUNCTION AS EXPECTED OR YOU ENTER WRONG: NUMBER, EMAIL. OR YOUR PASSWORDS DONT WORK DELETE ABOVE FILE AND RESTART YOUR PHONE

Thank you

NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE

Thanks to Quasar a delivery confirmation bug has been fixed. In case of empty Start SMS and Start Mail "passwords" it has been starting sms reports every time you got message delivery report.

New version available in the same place:

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

UPDATE "I am here" from:

fbug fixed at 2010-04-18 13:17 GMT+3

IT FIXES A CRITICAL BUG, that caused sms being send in a loop, untill gps got timed out if you asked only and only for gps cache position.

New, updated package is released for download, it includes few fixes, improvements, new functionalities.

Some of the changes:
-checking battery status,
-taking pics with front when keyboard slides out,
-possible to set auto-reply, you get notification on a phone number you have sent password from
-some small bug fixes
-more configuration options like possibility to start only e-mail or only sms notifictions and more...

There is a possibility to define text messages for activating various functions in the application. In case your phone gets stolen it would be good if the "thief" does NOT notice, you are up to something, when he gets a message for example "Send me your GPS position" or "sdkdgfay";

Therefore I advice you to set "passwords" in following way:

This is just example:
Activating message = "Hi, are you at home?"
Deactivating message = "Sorry, wrong number..."
Config = "sd56dafjSsd" -should be something weird anyway since you should send it only if you have your phone

Hi,

I have been working previous weeks on an application, that I personally needed very much.

This application allows you to do following things:

1. Configure what messages will activate configuration wizard, will start sending reports and stop sending reports.

2. Set GPS report settings:
*send last cached GPS position?
*send fix position?
*use the best accuracy from last 5 fixes?
*timeout after which the gps will stop, you will get notification message

3. Set SMS receiver's number ( I will add later posibility for auto-reply), set if the sms reports should come periodically.

4.Set email settings:
*receiver's e-mail address
*send gps
*send pics from both cameras
*send reports periodically

5.You can enable check if the sim card was changed or removed, you will get e-mail and sms notification

More features are coming:

--ask with the sms for backing up your phone and send backup on the e-mail address

--notification of low battery level

--encryption for settings and passwords

For now, I have just made a debian package that runs under pr1.1.1. You can download it from:

Since you install it from file and not from repository you might need to install gstreamer-tools

Please test the application and let me know if there is something to fix, improve, add.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-06-21 at 22:49. Reason: Bricking Contingency - Read the Wiki (edit requested by writer of the wiki)

The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to rachol For This Useful Post:
Shortly what it does:
-reads SMS,
-sends SMS,
-sends e-mail,
-take photos from both cameras,
-checks if the sim card was removed or changed after reboot
-gets your GPS position and send you the info with google maps link
-autostart itself after installation and boot
-works in the background
-if GPS is disabled, it will enable it without user's knowledge (no popup window with question if gps should be actvated)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
1. Don't ever forget your configuration password,
2. If you choose option allowing omessages only from one phone number and you type it wrongly, you have screwed, the application starts to be unusable

If any of these 2 things happen PM me

3. Quality of the front camera suck as everybody knows, I will try to fix something about it later.

Last edited by rachol; 2010-04-16 at 23:03.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rachol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Sounds excellent, thank you!

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
wow just what everyone has been waiting for! by everyone I mean me!!

awsome app, cant wait to try it but i guess i will have to wait till i have at least 3 phones with me to test it.

does it send the phone number of the other simcard? could it bd added? also a send txt msg to app or comand via email to refresh position and retake pictures? kind of an active ping system to find your phone

thank you so much for your work

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
i think if you could also snap picture through front camera and send it to email or fmms would also be very handy. It will give the owner know who got his phone when it got stolen.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
maxximuscool i think it already does that

front facing camara is real bad quality tho

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
This sounds really nice!

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
i think if you could also snap picture through front camera and send it to email or fmms would also be very handy. It will give the owner know who got his phone when it got stolen.
Or at the very least, give you a nice picture of the inside of his/her pocket

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
Or at the very least, give you a nice picture of the inside of his/her pocket
well when he start using it. When he start using the internet or gps.

How would this application and the security lock play together?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inacurate For This Useful Post: