Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
The latest update to svn1714 does not include tiltstick support anymore (there are imho only two existing ones), but instead it supports the accelerometers in the upcoming fremantle devices. This is already in the fremantle extras-devel repository and patiently waits there for the new devices to appear ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Have you touched anything? Now it says 'Unable to load' and from the command line you get

Cannot find 'compat.lua'.
Your installation may be incomplete or invalid.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Have you touched anything? Now it says 'Unable to load' and from the command line you get

Cannot find 'compat.lua'.
Your installation may be incomplete or invalid.
No, i didn't change anything. I didn't touch anything after my initial fremantle upload.

I just requested a bugs.maemo.org account to solve those things. I'd like to know:

- Did you choose "copy data to memory card"?
- What exact Os is the machine running (several parts rely on os detection for the memory card paths. if that doesn't work it ends up with your problem)
- Do you actually have the enigma data dir at one of these locations
/usr/share/enigma
/media/mmc2/enigma
/home/user/MyDocs/.enigma
- what does "env | grep OSSO_PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME" return on your machine?

MoG

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Argh, too late. I uninstalled, installed and everything works fine. I might have hit related to Maemo SSU... I will pay more attention next time and I will follow the steps you are requesting here.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Netherlands
It would be nice to be able to use a wiimote to control enigma. cwiid works on the n800. What must be done to have enigma listen to it?

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Netherlands
I recompiled enigma without the TOUCHSCREEN #define and then it works. Well sort off. The control one has over the black ball is not very impressive. (Can be me of course.)

It would be nicer if it is an configurable option to have the touchscreen code active instead of a compile time directive. Or even better allow the mouse to control the black ball even when touch screen code is active.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
I've been playing Enigma on the N900 and it's great! Only one complaint though, the game lags while the screen frequently darkens and then re-lightens, as if it is adjusting to the ambient light, when there is no change in the light levels at all.

Has anyone else found this? Any ideas?

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rhys_himself View Post
I've been playing Enigma on the N900 and it's great! Only one complaint though, the game lags while the screen frequently darkens and then re-lightens, as if it is adjusting to the ambient light, when there is no change in the light levels at all.

Has anyone else found this? Any ideas?
maybe you are darkening the light sensor on the left hand side of the screen. works fine here.

great accelerometer game. truly. thanks to pipeline and till

I agree, it is a great game for the N900, but it needs to be optified.