Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Is there any way to get root inside aliendalvik on the Nexus 4?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
so why you installed sailfishos if you need android applications to use which requires root?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
No necessity, just mere curiosity. I messed around with a few things including tinkering with your package for the Jolla 1, and manually installing supersu. I even tried kingroot (eww...). However, I haven't been able to get anywhere.

The main thing I wanted was the f-droid privileged extension to ease auto-updating. However, i was able to install it without rooting alien by copying the apk to /opt/alien/system/priv-app, changing permissions, and using apkd-install.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
No necessity, just mere curiosity. I messed around with a few things including tinkering with your package for the Jolla 1, and manually installing supersu. I even tried kingroot (eww...). However, I haven't been able to get anywhere.

The main thing I wanted was the f-droid privileged extension to ease auto-updating. However, i was able to install it without rooting alien by copying the apk to /opt/alien/system/priv-app, changing permissions, and using apkd-install.

try this package, but before you do backup this file '/system/bin/su'

https://mega.nz/#!0c1DHQhD!wZA8RS7hm...OYIGrAVAa33yhQ

I was trying yo get root in my aliendalvik. I was able to run kernel manager (which needs root) with root priviledges. Although root checkers said device was not rooted, But actual programs that need root did work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matemana View Post

I was trying yo get root in my aliendalvik. I was able to run kernel manager (which needs root) with root priviledges. Although root checkers said device was not rooted, But actual programs that need root did work.
i have try root package from openstore but i don't no that alien dalvik that can't detected status if the device rooted or not .
that strange, i try your package and see what happen .

Sorry, i didn't find a better thread than this one. Running Android apps on Sailfish might be fine, it would be even better to have a newer Sailfish base. So- could anyone help this guy porting version 2.1 to Mako ?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...2969823/page83

The Following User Says Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:

I'm not successful installing this root package. Error msg as below.

Installation of alienroot-0.1-1 failed:
(with --nodeps --force) Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: installing package alienroot-0.1-1.armv7hl needs 8KB on the /system filesystem

I'm installing on Nexus 5 running CM12.1 SFOS 2.0.4.13
Appreciate if someone can guide me thru. Thanks.

I installed SFOS 2.0.2.51 base CM12.1 on Nexus 4 and aliendalvik has the same issues as in Nexus 5 with base CM12.1. Youtube does not work, video playback does not work, Google chrome does not work, google assistant does not work. But Camera does work! That's nice, but without video playback it's useless. Firefox crashes. It seems when it needs GPU acceleration it crashes.

So we are screwed if we change base for Nexus 4. We no longer will be able to use aliendalvik until it's rebase. I can't do that
Did you already try to get AD working on N5 with the CM13 base?

Originally Posted by bomo View Post
Did you already try to get AD working on N5 with the CM13 base?
Not CM13 base but AD working well on N5 with CM12 base. There're something not working as mention before (ie. Video playback, youtube) but I can live with that.

Now I want to root AD to get some awesome apps running.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Can I ask if I use this file to install alien dalvik on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with SailfishOS ?