I have an issue. My applicationsmemory is running low without any specific reason. When i tried to delete files like mms, it said permission denied.what its the solution? How can i get back my applications memory? It its 2.0 Gb out of 2.1, Therefore i cannot see mms And get a warning message about memory running low.pls help.thank you.

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-02-23 at 03:17. Reason: Change thread title

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Remove some of installed applications first with:
Code:
# apt-get remove <packagename>
You can see list of installed packages and their names with:
Code:
$ dpkg -l
(l as in list)

The Following User Says Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Remove some of installed applications first with:
Code:
# apt-get remove <packagename>
You can see list of installed packages and their names with:
Code:
$ dpkg -l
(l as in list)
Thanks ladoga,
my problem acually is that it seems that many mms I received is filled up the applications memory, somehow if i receive an mms, it is stored on the same place what is used by application memory. when i try to delete mms, or other non used content, it says permission denied. is there a solution to delete these space consuming not used files?
thanks

Originally Posted by mexicanitch View Post
Thanks ladoga,
my problem acually is that it seems that many mms I received is filled up the applications memory, somehow if i receive an mms, it is stored on the same place what is used by application memory. when i try to delete mms, or other non used content, it says permission denied. is there a solution to delete these space consuming not used files?
thanks
I have myExplorer and I would like to delete the content of the following section:
/home/user/.mms/msg

Thank you if you can help.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I have myExplorer and I would like to delete the content of the following section:
/home/user/.mms/msg

Just open terminal and type:
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.mms/*
Do the above as regular user not as root (devel-su)!

/home/user/.mms/msg

dpkg and apt get are for installed packages, aren't they? what is the command for force deleting files,

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
dpkg and apt get are for installed packages, aren't they? what is the command for force deleting files,
Um, thedead1440 just posted it.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Just open terminal and type:
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.mms/*
Do the above as regular user not as root (devel-su)!
Well, thanks Guys so far this does not help, it gives a message that permission is denied and directory not empty.

What would help on my problem, I don't have many apps, the application memory is 2-0 gb, where 1.9 is other applications - for me completly unknown. I had nitdroid installed before which I uninstalled.
Any ideas for the solution is very much welcome.
Thanks.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Thanks ladoga,
thanks
Ok, I probably understood you wrong. (I though that application memory being filled somehow prevented you from removing the messages)

Have you tried to delete MMS through the message UI? Just long pressing on message and choosing delete all? Problem with deleting them from the command line is due to ~/.mms having a subdirectory owned by aegisfs so you'd probably need opensh/aridne/openmode to remove it.

I tried this and deleted as many messages as i coulod. However surprisingly it still does not stop the problem of having 2.0 gb application data out of 2.1 gb. All the current applications take 0.1 gb, and so called "Other Applications" take 1.9 gb. What can be the problem? What should I do to get back this memory? Thank You.

Tags
application, popup, space, storage