Hi all,

currently I'm thinking of buying a N800, but it's a bit confusing about the alarm clock. Some people say an alarm clock is available, some people say it's not.

So maybe someone here can clarify this. Can I use the N800 as an alarm clock while it's switched off?

Thank you very much in advance,
Criena

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Criena View Post
So maybe someone here can clarify this. Can I use the N800 as an alarm clock while it's switched off?
Yes, it actually kinda disturbed me the first time it happened when I had turned it off, not expecting the alarm to go off. A feature of the ARM processor that allows it to quick-boot for alarms and such.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Hi all,

currently I'm thinking of buying a N800, but it's a bit confusing about the alarm clock. Some people say an alarm clock is available, some people say it's not.

Thank you very much in advance,
Criena
Yes it does have an alarm and you have different options like snooze and alarms sounds (my wife loves the sea gulls alarm). At first my snooze option would not work but for some odd reason it is now working.

Thanks for your quick reply.

So I can choose a MP3 file that I want to get played at alarm time? And is there an option for swelling volume (I'm sometimes very lazy in getting up )?

Criena

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
So I can choose a MP3 file that I want to get played at alarm time? And is there an option for swelling volume (I'm sometimes very lazy in getting up )?
No progressive volume as far as I can tell (PowerController for that, small apartments make for easy computer alarms).

You can use your own sounds, not sure exactly what formats are supported, though.

Multiple alarms and repeating alarms are the big improvement over the 770.

Thank you very much. Now I'm sure that the N800 is quite right for my needs.

Criena

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Allow me to add that the ocean sounds totally rule!

any chance we could get streaming internet radio as an alarm clock option ?

The Following User Says Thank You to W1NDRUSH For This Useful Post:
So that - in case the radio stream isn't available or the Internet line is down - you will get too late to work... Hm, sounds great.

That's why the option should exist for the FM radio too