Originally Posted by ferlanero View Post
Hi! Is there any chance of seeing Sailfish 2.1 running in our beloved Onda V820W V3?
I assume there's been no change in this issue lately?

(I admit I haven't been paying attention very closely as I've used my Onda quite sparingly.
Sure, there is the Youyota tablet option and I might still actually end up getting one but in the meantime I will also gladly welcome any possible SFOS updates for Onda.)

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Spain
I love to use my Onda V820W V3 with SailfishOS. By far, the best OS for tablets without doubt. Almost a year using the Onda and quite happy with it. Now I've backed th Youyota so I hope I can use Sailfish for at least another year!

The Following User Says Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
Excited by the idea to run SFOS on a tablet, I ordered myself an Onda V820w V3 which just arrived today.

Problem: I am stuck in an infinite boot loop.

What I did: I used the automatic installer including ferlanero's suggestions mentioned in posts #54 and #55. Installation finished with a reboot. After that, all I see is the GRUB menu "Sailfish OS" or "Sailfish OS (USB debug mode)" which, when selected (either one), results in a black screen and a reboot.

Can anyone help, please?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Excited by the idea to run SFOS on a tablet, I ordered myself an Onda V820w V3 which just arrived today.

Problem: I am stuck in an infinite boot loop.
Is it Onda V820W, not Onda V820W CH? Not sure if original one can be found anymore in shops.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the quick reply, TheKit!!!

I bought it used. The SN starts with P820DBF4V3A... and the package doesn't say anything about CH.

Sticker:
Onda V820W DualOS 32GB
Screen: 8.0inch display (1280x800resolution)
CPU: Intel Z3735F,64-bit,2M Cahce, up to 1.83 GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics

P.S. Argh, Sticker may not belong to tablet since it has a different SN (for V1). But the SN quoted above is on the tablet itself.

P.P.S. How would a regular V3 serial number start?

P.P.P.S. It's working now!!! All I had to do was to reset BIOS to default! Man, this was stressful...

Last edited by dubliner; 2017-08-26 at 12:25.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
P.P.P.S. It's working now!!! All I had to do was to reset BIOS to default! Man, this was stressful...
Did you boot Windows before installing it? UEFI has "Android" and "Windows" modes with different quirks to boot them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Thanks again for the quick reply, TheKit! I owe you one!

Yes, I did boot into Windows first, basically just to check whether the device was working at all.

One thing I noticed: When I first charged it, a red LED lit up. It no longer seems to do this. Yet, SFOS reported "charging". Is that normal?

Would it be possible to add some information like posts #54/#55, the serial number and the BIOS reset thing to the first message in this thread? Future users might appreciate this.

BTW, I'm just running the 2.0.5.6 upgrade (19%... fingers crossed!). Are there any chances for a 2.1.x upgrade?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Here's a funny thing after the upgrade from the installer image to 2.0.5.6.

Instead of the normal "unlock" screen with the "> <" symbols I now just get a black screen with the rotating circle. At first I thought Lipstick hadn't started until I tried swiping.

Is there a method to remedy?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
One thing I noticed: When I first charged it, a red LED lit up. It no longer seems to do this. Yet, SFOS reported "charging". Is that normal?

BTW, I'm just running the 2.0.5.6 upgrade (19%... fingers crossed!). Are there any chances for a 2.1.x upgrade?
I didn't reverse the kernel part to light that red LED, since on Android it's only lit when charging, so this can be ignored.

I planned to update it to 2.1.x, but still didn't do it. Will try to check it again.

Originally Posted by dubliner;1533335
[B
Instead of the normal "unlock" screen with the "> <" symbols I now just get a black screen with the rotating circle.[/B] At first I thought Lipstick hadn't started until I tried swiping.

Is there a method to remedy?
That's weird. I didn't see this on tablet. Usually this happens when it's waiting for ofono, but we don't have telephony.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
I didn't reverse the kernel part to light that red LED, since on Android it's only lit when charging, so this can be ignored.
Oh, that's fine. I just wanted to know if I "broke" the LED functionality somehow. You are absolutely right, nobody really needs that LED.

That's weird. I didn't see this on tablet. Usually this happens when it's waiting for ofono, but we don't have telephony.
I re-ran the upgrade instructions again. It seems like I might have skipped the "rm /lib/modules/3.10.20/*.ko" part the first time around. So sorry about that...

I planned to update it to 2.1.x, but still didn't do it. Will try to check it again.
It would so great if you could!!! Again, let me thank you so much for all the wonderful work you did here! It is truly appreciated!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post: