Active Topics

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I'm helping the community to reach the original designer, and help them to aquire Jolla license to continue the product as an official SFOS device.

I don't own Youyota Brand, I don't represent it. But I can help backers community getting more information, chase or check with the project.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fridlmue View Post
[...]
what me let struggle to order the tablet was:
- I did not find a homepage/website of Youyouta and the Tablet with further, reliable information. What let me trust this project was this thread. But i needed a lot of time to come into the topic. For someone never heard about Sailfish it totally a "skip over" topic at the moment.
- The "Benefits" of this tablet were not communicated that clear.
[...]
Hit "Read the story" on https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/y...-2-in-1-tablet for a thorough description of this effort.
This sub-page is actually quite nicely done, very informative (read it to its end, i.e. continue below the pictures!) and provided me with the trust I needed to order (while this TMO discussion thread would definitely not have been sufficient for me).

Last edited by olf; 2017-08-20 at 15:10.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
[...], I'm just helping re-manufacturing this device for whom wanted one but couldn't get before.
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Just to be clear and out of curiosity;
is this third party a separate entity interested in "finishing what was started", or are you doing it for the community (as in the people here)?
I'm helping the community [...]
@tortoisedoc, it is done just for us: You, me, anybody else, who missed an original Jolla Tablet (and maybe also for himself).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
@tortoisedoc, it is done just for us: You, me, anybody else, who missed an original Jolla Tablet (and maybe also for himself).
That is precisely.

Also this will be a unique, once in a life time product. (I don't think there will be a second Intel based SFOS device anymore.) So it's worth reproducing it.

P.S: Just to make it further clearer, Livermorium is the name that represents my point of view, and my understand of product. I'm 100% working on its product at the moment.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
That is precisely.

Also this will be a unique, once in a life time product. (I don't think there will be a second Intel based SFOS device anymore.) So it's worth reproducing it.

P.S: Just to make it further clearer, Livermorium is the name that represents my point of view, and my understand of product. I'm 100% working on its product at the moment.
Im just thinking, would it make sense to contact places in Finland which might be interested in reselling this? Like verkkokauppa, for instance? They were preselling it back in the days, they might be happy to (finally) sell the actual product?

In case the answer is a maybe, they are just a phone call (short walk) away and a visit could be easily arranged (assuming there's interest from their side, that is)

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2017-08-21 at 12:02.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Im just thinking, would it make sense to contact places in Finland which might be interested in reselling this? Like verkkokauppa, for instance? They were preselling it back in the days, they might be happy to (finally) sell the actual product?

In case the answer is a maybe, they are just a phone call (short walk) away and a visit could be easily arranged (assuming there's interest from their side, that is)
That would be a great idea.

Once initial batch is delivered and I will help setting up some warehouse in central EU so that future purchase can make easier from there, for example with Amazon.

If anyone can help contacting the channels above in Finland that time it would be great.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Hit "Read the story" on https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/y...-2-in-1-tablet for a thorough description of this effort.
This sub-page is actually quite nicely done, very informative (read it to its end, i.e. continue below the pictures!) and provided me with the trust I needed to order (while this TMO discussion thread would definitely not have been sufficient for me).
Yeah, I found those Information. And I finally also found these thread here. And a view Weeks ago i placed a Order and i'm really exited of these Project.

And finally I want top say THANKs a lot chenliangchen and michael for your efforts on these projects. I didn't want to make anything bad! I just love your work and look forward to the tablet, and the Slider... :-)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fridlmue For This Useful Post:

If anyone can help contacting the channels above in Finland that time it would be great.
Juiceme???

[OT]"mehua minulle"[/OT]

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by fridlmue View Post
Hi chenliangchen,

what me let struggle to order the tablet was:
- I did not find a homepage/website of Youyouta and the Tablet with further, reliable information. What let me trust this project was this thread. But i needed a lot of time to come into the topic. For someone never heard about Sailfish it totally a "skip over" topic at the moment.
- The "Benefits" of this tablet were not communicated that clear.
@chenliangchen Not being marketing expert, so take my opinions with a grain of salt, I really agree with fridlmue, you should consider a simple website, just to show your company (Livermorium ?) and your team, and your projects, with nice product descripton and all those nice pictures. This will create confidence with the people who dont know maemo forums and will get all the info in one place. You dont need a fancy webshop in this early stages, just a link to the indieggo campain and saying that purchase are done there. Don't underestimate the power of marketing, Jolla had about 20k tablet bakers, it's not possivel that all thoose people are not interested anymore, but Jolla did a nice campaing with youtube videos, a blog post, bloggers posting about it, this type of marketing makes diference.
Also Jolla should definitly make a blog post about the youyota tablet, even if its only when they are being delivered, else I'm gonna hunt them down I guess they didint do it so far because it's a delicate subject to them, but with youyota already being delivery that puts it all in another perspective.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by john_god View Post
@chenliangchen Not being marketing expert, so take my opinions with a grain of salt, I really agree with fridlmue, you should consider a simple website, just to show your company (Livermorium ?) and your team, and your projects, with nice product descripton and all those nice pictures. This will create confidence with the people who dont know maemo forums and will get all the info in one place. You dont need a fancy webshop in this early stages, just a link to the indieggo campain and saying that purchase are done there. Don't underestimate the power of marketing, Jolla had about 20k tablet bakers, it's not possivel that all thoose people are not interested anymore, but Jolla did a nice campaing with youtube videos, a blog post, bloggers posting about it, this type of marketing makes diference.
Also Jolla should definitly make a blog post about the youyota tablet, even if its only when they are being delivered, else I'm gonna hunt them down I guess they didint do it so far because it's a delicate subject to them, but with youyota already being delivery that puts it all in another perspective.
I understand what you are saying, but as Chen has made very clear: this is not Chen's product. It has nothing to do with Livermorium.

The person is charge of this product would have to make those decisions, not Chen.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os