Active Topics

I am not in EA-group but latest software-update gave me BlackSOD (OSM Scout Server) and i have TOHIRI... Not sure if related but annoying... (sorry if OT)

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mettska View Post
Jolla updated the release notes.
It seems having "call recorder" from openrepos installed let the update fail.
They are completely and utterly wrong, because I've had Call Recorder installed since the beginning, and the update passed without a hitch.

Edit: that said, I haven't updated to .24 yet, so maybe that's what they're talking about. Still, .23 to .24 causing a breaking change?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
hm, the only thing that may have an effect to systemd is syncthing-bin - but - it updated smooth on my Jolla1 with the same stuff installed. Just broke the JollaC...

And the update to 2.1.1.23 worked without problems on both devices. And systemd was updated with that version?

The only thing I know which may hang a systemd service (since the last updates on debian) was a not existing pid file at a place systemd expects it. Than this service may hang on reboot and start.

Last edited by cy8aer; 2017-08-08 at 18:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
They are completely and utterly wrong, because I've had Call Recorder installed since the beginning, and the update passed without a hitch.

Edit: that said, I haven't updated to .24 yet, so maybe that's what they're talking about. Still, .23 to .24 causing a breaking change?
I've upgraded to .24 with Call Recorder installed, no problems. The wording in the release notes, "the upgrade will fail", seems quite definitive. Perhaps it's a bit more version-specific? Versions before the current 0.7.1-5 apparently had a dependency on gst-plugins-good.

Still, I thought the upgrade process would simply break third party packages and force the SailfishOS packages. I'd rather have a broken app than a broken OS. When upgrading xUbuntu, all added repositories are simply disabled before upgrade.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Do you have the Call Recorder daemon starting on boot? Tre is a setting for it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ India
btw if you get a early access build installed on a aqua fish dont check for updated it shows update availabel (teh 2.1.0.10 one) and when you install it your device will soft brick requiring you to do a clean flash using qualcomm tools(witch is tedious to do because of windows 10 and driver support and com ports)

EDIT- im saying this because i updated to 2.1.1.24 and then did this(as in the downgrade) witch resulted in me doing all this

Last edited by kick; 2017-08-09 at 16:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Do you have the Call Recorder daemon starting on boot? Tre is a setting for it.
Good point, but I have it enabled. So even the worst case scenario(?) wasn't a problem.

However, when I first tried to upgrade to 2.1.1.23, I got the "could not upgrade at this moment"-message soon after start. But when I retried everything went fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Coming!: 2017-08-24.2.1.1.26 Released to Early access subscribers. OpenVPN fixed.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Coming!: 2017-08-24.2.1.1.26 Released to Early access subscribers. OpenVPN fixed.
hmm 2.1.1.25 is avail

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
hmm 2.1.1.25 is avail
Heh, I'm still on 2.1.1.24 and no updates pending. (checked just a minute ago...)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: