Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
Time to party! Chen, you did it! Campaign goal reached - 50.241 US Dollars/206 backers/still 13 days to go... Yay!

And what I like most about the whole story *deep from within the bottom of my black soul* you show Jolla HOW IT'S DONE!

@Chen :
Let me ask a question as I couldn't find the answer anywhere: When exactly will the credit cards be charged? At campaign's end (July) or when the gadgets are shipping (September, if all goes well?) I only have a 500 Euro limit on my credit card so might have to fill it up in time).

Last edited by indie carmayne; 2017-07-08 at 10:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post

Chen got the money since it 100% Fixed goal campaign.
That's what i meant!

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
That's what i meant!
Ok, good. My bad

Carry on thread...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
chenliangchen, check please HW revision of motherboard. Dev guys says there is a problem in earlier revisions causing touchscreen IRQ controller to drain battery.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Yay, managed to snatch one. 64, keyboard, black.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Now, let's hope production works without much set backs.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
@chenliangchen, how do we go about ordering more than one tablet?

For instance, I'd like to order two 64 GB tablets (one bundle and one spare tablet) and ship to one address. I'd also like to order the same (one 64 GB bundle and one spare) and ship to another address.

Do I select the bundle perk and then add an additional $279 (bundle for other address and shipping cost) + $219 (first spare) + $219 (second spare)? For a total of $996?

Thanks for making the SFOS tablet a reality!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sunburnedpenguin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
Originally Posted by sunburnedpenguin View Post
@chenliangchen, how do we go about ordering more than one tablet?

For instance, I'd like to order two 64 GB tablets (one bundle and one spare tablet) and ship to one address. I'd also like to order the same (one 64 GB bundle and one spare) and ship to another address.

Currently you will have to place multiple orders, one after the other. My best guess is you will have to place four. (even more if you opt for accessories not included in the bundle) I had to place three orders instead of one (01. tablet/cover/keyboard package 02. sleeve 03. t-shirt. I agree it would be more convenient if you could put in everything in a single order. It makes no sense to put in the same data multiple times (shipping adress, payment information). I'm not sure if I count as one or three backers now...

But I trust Chen will be able to send everything in 2 shipments as you wish to save on shipping costs. but maybe you better contact him about that now + give him a reminder shortly before shipping just to make sure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Are you sure it's not possible to simply "contribute" the additional money to the same pledge? I've done this for other Indiegogo (or maybe it was Kickstarter) campaigns. @chenliangchen, we need your advice on this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunburnedpenguin For This Useful Post:
What about customs/Einfuhrumsatzsteuer (import turnaround tax)? Will it be included or will it come on top of the ordering price? In Germany this would add up 19%, related to price AND shipping). That's not bad in itself but backers should take that into account. My guess is the 2nd case, given the 27 or so VAT percentages in Europe. Unless Youyota manages this beforehand + has already included it in the price, but as it takes quite some effort I seriously doubt it.

If additional custom fees are applied I strongly opt for an invoice/document on or in the package (stating both, price paid AND shipping costs) so customs can calculate the fee. The ultimate downside is to have about 30 pages of emails printed out - everything stating payments - to receive your machine before customs office closing time the very same day. This happened to me with Ouya Limited Edition. The icing on the cake was that they withheld the EU plug. I had to purchase a travel adapter on my way home. I didn't have a printer, I didn't have any day off + my only chance was to go to customs when I called in sick

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os