Active Topics

Glad to hear Nokia in the US is making some effort to handle 770 support calls. I think this should have been organised _before_ shipping the product though...

Here in the UK I'm fast losing the will to live after spending the best part of 2 whole days trying to find anyone at Nokia willing to deal with my 770 which has suffered the 'white screen of death' after only a few days.

I've tried the telephone support line, emailed the online store, taken the unit to a 'Nokia service centre' personally, etc. Nothing has got me anywhere. Even when I find someone willing to deal with a 770 problem all I get is 'I'll get someone to call / email you back'... and nobody does.

I'm on the verge of calling trading standards in the UK to see if they can investigate Nokia. This is no way to treat customers, I'm pretty sure it is against UK consumer protection legislation for Nokia to effectively refuse to refund or repair a faulty product less than 2 weeks old !!!

Wierd thing is I had a really high opinion of Nokia before I actually bought one of their products ! I'll be thinking twice before buying any more.

Any tips on how to get my 770 replaced, repaired or refunded in the UK greatly received.

Small update:

I just attemtped to get another repair form from the Nokia USA website and guess what.....it wont give me the form since "it's not available for repair." WTF?

Oh well, fired off an email to customer service with my 2nd predicatment so hopefully I'll get a response soon.

What we really need here is for someone who got the repair form with the Fort Worth TX return site, to post it for others to use.
That's where the repaired or replaced units are coming from.
Nokia is just wasting our time with their busted website for phone repair customers.

They say that they need more time to get setup...

Why not a simple webpage link on the Nokia customer service page that says: "Click here for 770 Internet Tablet repairs"

How long does that take to program in html?

I'm watching every reboot now on my 2nd 770 waiting for the bad thing to happen again.

Originally Posted by daverup
What we really need here is for someone who got the repair form with the Fort Worth TX return site, to post it for others to use.
That's where the repaired or replaced units are coming from.
Nokia is just wasting our time with their busted website for phone repair customers.

They say that they need more time to get setup...

Why not a simple webpage link on the Nokia customer service page that says: "Click here for 770 Internet Tablet repairs"

How long does that take to program in html?

I'm watching every reboot now on my 2nd 770 waiting for the bad thing to happen again.
I'm pretty sure I still have the form on my work laptop. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Another update, Nokia just emailed me back with different instructions to make sure mine is expidited. No form is required but I do have some other instructions.

I'd post the email but I'm guessing they dont want this information publicly available. I will however find that form for you guys.

Damn it! About 5 Minutes ago my replacement screen broke as well.

Originally Posted by notjaykay
Another update, Nokia just emailed me back with different instructions to make sure mine is expidited. No form is required but I do have some other instructions.

I'd post the email but I'm guessing they dont want this information publicly available. I will however find that form for you guys.
I've tried to use the form in the UK site but it submits to an invalid page. I have attempted from IE, Safari, Firefox and Camino, under both Windows and OSX, and from different internet connections. >_<

Once I get my replacement/fix, I'm selling it or just giving it to a friend. I don't want to live in fear of this forever more. Might be time to right my ways and get that Zaurus I should have gotten from the beginning. I'll be in Japan in 2 weeks time... hmmm...

The form I am trying to use is: http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,53979,00.html. Does anyone in the UK know of an alternative form or would you be kind enough to privately send me their email address so I can contact them directly?

Small update:

I just sent back the tablet on Friday with their expedited instructions to their Fort Worth site. Yeah, as you can tell, this was a huge pressing issue for me, so important that it took over a month for me to finally do. This also shows how much I use it and how much it's worth to me.

I'm considering selling the replacement when it arrives. However, I'll probably give it another shot. Now if it becomes my 3rd defective unit, I'll definetly be sellling it.

Here is instructions for getting the return form that is for the Fort Worth repair centre. (from a previous post)

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...8873#post18873

1st screen: 3 months
2nd screen: 1 month
3rd screen: 1 week