Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
Fanoush,
I hope you have had more success than I have. One problem is that the uinput.ko.2.6.21-omap1 module cannot be installed; "Invalid module format (-1): Exec format error"
This is some trivial error, either you are not using insmod command correctly or the module is somehow corrupted. It should work.
Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
Fanoush,
Also, the rcomm program is missing from os2008beta. I don't know how to replace all that functionality using DBus. Obiwan, you are our only hope!
Yes, this is major problem, btkbt script must be rewritten to use D-BUS, not rfcomm command. Will look into it as time permits. I have this keyboard too :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
GOT IT WORKING!

I was able to get it working.

Here is what I did:

1. downloaded the current kernel modules as instructed above. Extracted and rename uinput.ko as instructed.
2. copy libbluetooth.so.1.0.25 from my N770 to my N800
3. ln -s libbluetooth.so.1.0.25 libbluetooth.so.1
4. copied hcitool, sdptool and rfcomm from my N770 to my N800.

Now when I run the "Turn on/off BT Keyboard" link, my Bluetoot icon in the status bar will change color letting me know when the keyboard is working.

It probably would not be a problem to include the missing libraries and programs in a new download.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n9mjg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Germany
n9mjg,

unfortunately I do not have an N770 to copy the files from ...

But I would really like to get my Smart keyboard working on OS2008 again.

Any chance you could post a package?

Originally Posted by n9mjg View Post
GOT IT WORKING!
It probably would not be a problem to include the missing libraries and programs in a new download.
Great. A bit dirty solution but works. Can you attach hcitool, libbluetooth.so.1.0.25 etc as a temporary solution here? You can even try to have libbluetooth in kbdd directory and start hcitool etc. as
"LD_PRELOAD=./libbluetooth.so.1.0.25 hcitool" so you don't need to modify sytem directories.

I'm working on rewriting btkbd script using dbus which is cleaner and does not require older bluetooth stuff. I have it almost ready, will take day or two.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Here you are.

Hope this helps.

Have A Happy New Year!
Attached Files
File Type: zip old_bt_tools.zip (73.5 KB, 206 views)

OK here is something that should work at least in OS2008
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/kbdd_OS2008.tar.gz
Please test and report success or failure.

PORTNUM variable in btkbd.conf is no longer needed for OS2008, rfcomm port is allocated automatically.

It should work in OS2007 and 6 too so testing on these systems is welcomed too. I'll test it with my 770 too and replace main kbdd.tar.gz with this in case it works.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Germany
I'm going to try this.
Thanks!

Ok, i tried it with my new freedom mini.

i followed the readme and i was able to get the bluetooth adress with './btkbd scan'.

After ./btkbd i get this:

Root shell enabled
Error org.bluez.serial.Error.ConnectionAttemptFailed: Host ist down
rfcomm bind to <BT Adress> failed

when i tried it a second time (just to make sure, i didn't do something wrong) i get this:
Root shell enabled
Error org.bluez.serial.Error.NotSupported: The service is not supported by the rfcomm bind to <BT Adress> failed
rfcomm bind to

host is down means that keyboard was not found (i.e. not in discoverable state, off, too far). Second error looks like keyboard does not support spp profile but it can be also other error (pairing). Dit it work with kbdd in OS2007? Best is to remove batteries from keyboard so it forgets previous pairing and try with btkbd again. Do you see pairing dialog when btkbd is run after you reinsert bateries?

BTW I tried it also with 770 with latest 2006 and 2007HE and it seems to work with iPAQ BT foldable in all those systems for me.

Also there is one change for OS2007 - virtual keyboard is no longer turned off/on by hand in btkbd, 2007 and 8 systems do it automatically so it is not needed and it does not break input in osso-xterm when keyboard is disconnected.

I don't know if it works in OS2007. I just got the keyboard for christmas and i have os2008 on my tablet for a while now. But i have read a few treads in this forum, that this keyboard typ only works with kbdd.

I try it again.