Active Topics

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
I was hoping this (or something similar / HD2 with android 2.1) would be coming to the UK but it seems not. So have just ordered a HTC Desire on pre order. Specs look tasty. Will run it aside the N900 for a month and winner will be kept.

To me the N900 just doesnt cut it as a phone. Browser is good. Keyboard too small for my fingers, both HW and screen.

I like some of the predictive stuff on the HTCs and fat fingers etc - seems to receive rave reviews. Most top 5's have HTC at 1 or 2 over the iPhone. and wheres the N900 - 6th or 7th best....

Cant wait for my own personal trial. The looser ends up on the bay!

geez some of the same people here complaining about being 'stuck' with a phone are drooling over a ?wimax? phone? Talk about buying into obsolescence. And then under the wimax is CDMA, no thanks.

really the tradeoff on this phone looks like bigger screen instead of keyboard and that just comes down to personal preference.

If they succeed in pulling it out with an awesome store,this phone will rock the market.Too bad Nokia failed with Ovi Store .

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Was just about to post this... This phone is really the best...

Why cant nokia learn from itself... we need huge screens!!!

Wish we have a meego device released with similar specs.... now the iphone is totally out...
Leave it to HTC to give everyone a wake up call. How long now have we been saying that, 3.5" is nice but 4.3" is better.

The Following User Says Thank You to FRZ For This Useful Post:
If bought unlocked, could a person use Tmobile USA sim card be used with it???

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
Leave it to HTC to give everyone a wake up call. How long now have we been saying that, 3.5" is nice but 4.3" is better.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
For some, not all. I want my phone to be really pocketable. For me 3.5-3.7 is about right, 4.0 is about max. 4.3 is better for viewing sure, but it's just too big to be comfortable in my pocket or in my hand when used as a phone. It's only useful if I want to take it with me.

Perfect phone form to me would be generally like the N900 with a slightly larger, about a 3.7-3.8 resistive screen, but overall a little thinner and lighter.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
For some, not all. I want my phone to be really pocketable. For me 3.5-3.7 is about right, 4.0 is about max. 4.3 is better for viewing sure, but it's just too big to be comfortable in my pocket or in my hand when used as a phone. It's only useful if I want to take it with me.

Perfect phone form to me would be generally like the N900 with a slightly larger, about a 3.7-3.8 resistive screen, but overall a little thinner and lighter.
x2. I'm new to these uberphones, but I feel the same way.

Slightly larger n900 size phone, with a resistive screen.

Why are sooooo many manufacturers coming out with capacitive screens?! What the heck? Are they much easier on the battery? Cheaper to make?

Also, is anyone else worried that on screen keyboards are gonna get better and better and eventually take over the physical slide out keyboard? I like having all these shortcuts and things on the physical keyboard on my n900. I don't see ANY upcoming attractive (specs) phones with physical keyboards...

EDIT: And while I'm being a noob here, can someone explain why comparing our 600mhz n900 processor to a 1 ghz snapback processor is a black and white issue? I always see people saying "well yea 1ghz is more but n900 has..."

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
hmm, anyone?

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Android sucks though and so do capatitive screens, my work mate has the hd2 and the screen is so un-accurate.

Last edited by torres76; 2010-03-29 at 18:22.

That screen size is what meego needs!