Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by teohhanhui View Post
I've been using v46 before this without issues, but on v47 with my phone plugged in for overnight charging the battery sometimes drains/stops charging at some point (perhaps after receiving a message). It's quite a serious problem to find your battery almost empty in the morning.
Do you have advanced power installed? I had that happen with that package.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Hello There i have a problem with h-e-n after using it with usb flash
the transfer speed between n900 and the pc goes down from 15mb/s to 4mb/s
but if i rebooted my n900 the speed between n900 and pc goes again to 15mb/s
and if i used h-e-n the speed goes back to 4 mb/s any solutions
is it a problem with kernel power v47 or with h-e-n please somebody confirm

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kpoman View Post
Guys, for me v47 eats much more battery. V46 was very good I could have sometimes almost 2 days of simple email and some browsing usage. Now the battery gets drained in less than 24h. I wonder how to solve this.
yeah, battery drains at v47 as mad. But it feels snappy all the time. (even w/o oc)
And with v46 i had several issues f.e. with bluetooth that seems to be less with v47.

I like v47 very much

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I have updated my original post here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=204 with new version of DSP patch, this one should not break any multimedia functionality.
oh, holy crap, that is the one i looked for for a long time. And now it doesnt work with v47...
But thanXXX - i will observe that project:

The Following User Says Thank You to SirTurbo For This Useful Post:
I don't have advanced-power.

Karam - please stop spamming every single thread with your questions about HEN an PC suite mode. You asked it before here - no need to re-ask. You asked it also in both HEN topics. It seems that only You're affected by such a flaw, so try finding solutions Yourself. Or provide HEN maintainers by more debug data about Your setup - cause You're only one experiencing this kind of problems, its highly possible that it's due You other packages/tweaks installed.

Teohhanhui, you didn't asked my question about You problem - how do you think answering only for last-page questions can help us to help You?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
No, you can still have u-boot (and by extension MeeGo) with Power47, you just have to be willing to read directions a little and do some work, instead of just clicking on a link in the app managers.

As for the above kexec question... Pali tried to see if he could get kexec to launch other kernels from within the console you can get now at boot with power47, but I don't believe it ever ended up working for him.
I am going to look into seeing if I can patch in a menu to u-boot. but the problem is that the ones I've found are valid to u-boot v2; I just don't agree with multiboot and its flashing the kernel partition over and over. However, the instructions and links found on the forum (i.e. Matan's u-boot and building the one found here) produces a u-boot which does not work (it freezes on 'Starting kernel') on HW revision 2204, amongst others (I found this out the hard way after Nokia Care replaced my original 2101 with a 2204). The uboot-pr13 in the repositories does work, but then you lose the added extras and it has the stock kernel included rather than power. However I've patched in all of the changes to the source of uboot-pr13 (which Stskeeps kindly provided to me) and will host this shortly for anyone to work on, should they so wish

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tigerite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Looking forward to that Tigerite!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
teohhanhui, you didn't asked my question about You problem - how do you think answering only for last-page questions can help us to help You?
Sorry. Didn't get the notification for some reasons.
Anyway, I don't have any technical background in electronics/electrical components so there's no way for me to know if something's broken unless it stops working...
I will report back if it happens again.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
If reinstalling fcam-drivers solve the issue, package shouldn't be marked as conflicting, cause in this case, we couldn't reinstall fcam-drivers, without incompatibility messages forcing us to uninstall kernel-power (and, probably, bricking our device), and so goes on...

Or i miss something?
What you missed is that i said it should be marked incompatible with the older (i.e. incompatible) version of fcam-drivers. It's better to prevent an installation if it breaks basic systems. Then people would know to look for a solution before their camera is broken (i.e. update drivers) rather than be stuck with a nasty surprise.

Originally Posted by SirTurbo View Post
yeah, battery drains at v47 as mad. But it feels snappy all the time. (even w/o oc)
And with v46 i had several issues f.e. with bluetooth that seems to be less with v47.

I like v47 very much
I haven't timed anything but my battery really does seem to drain faster now (or at least the battery indicator decreases faster). Has anyone used batteryeye to quantify this?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2011-05-16 at 14:56.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou