Active Topics

Notices

how does it work? manual? or auto? either way, how do I achieve that?

Thanks.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
As the title says...

I would like a detailed tutorial on how to make C2 download and use cover art.

Be patient with us please, many of our gentle readers have never used or installed scripts on the tablets before.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

EDIT: Thanks for merging these threads Reg

BTW I found this >>THIS<<

>>HERE<<

What should be done with it?

Last edited by YoDude; 2007-12-21 at 21:05.

See this post to check what files you need.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...&postcount=350

Put these files in your Home directory. You can use the Terminal application to run this scripts like:

Code:
python albumcover.py -w all
Open C2 and try to see your album art :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmarcelo For This Useful Post:
I prefer to use MediaMonkey on my PC to manage my album art. As a one-time process, I organized my music into <artist>/<album> folders and used a script I found on their user forums to extract my MP3's embedded album art, resize to 300x300 and 150x150, add them to the album directories. Then I used rsync to copy over the music collection to my N800. Once I created a symbolic link from ~/.canola/covers to my music collection, it displayed everything just fine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fakebanana For This Useful Post:
so the covers that come up blank. is there a way to fix them? or direct the scrip to a specif cover?? blah....

Is there any n800 python script that will properly generate the covers from tagged album art? It appears that the script in that link does it from the internet?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Jhoff80 for now no, but I think we will add this support like in Canola1. Just a matter of time. Sorry for that.

Marcelo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Ok, the albumcover.py script works great for my albums, the videothumb.py generates the JPGs out of my video files, but it seems Canola is not using those JPGs out of the VIDEO_THUMB folder. Where does Canola expect to see these JPGs for the videos ?

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
The albumcover.py script will work for only some of my album covers but then I get a Segmentation Fault -> memory allocation error. If I try to restart the script again, it starts downloading files from the very beginning, even though 75% have already been downloaded and are in the /.canola/covers folder. The little CPU/Mem widget at the top of the screen shows that my memory & swap (128MB) are being maxed out right before the Segmentation Fault.

Is there any way to prevent the script from starting from scratch everytime? If I could only run the script for the 25% left to download, the my memory wouldn't max out.

Thanks

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
The albumcover.py script will work for only some of my album covers but then I get a Segmentation Fault -> memory allocation error. If I try to restart the script again, it starts downloading files from the very beginning, even though 75% have already been downloaded and are in the /.canola/covers folder. The little CPU/Mem widget at the top of the screen shows that my memory & swap (128MB) are being maxed out right before the Segmentation Fault.

Is there any way to prevent the script from starting from scratch everytime? If I could only run the script for the 25% left to download, the my memory wouldn't max out.

Thanks

The only way I can think of of doing that would be to only have maybe half of the albums on the memory card the 1st time, run the script, then backup the JPG covers to another folder and remove them from the COVERS folders of Canola, move the 1st half of the albums from your memory card to another folder, put the 2nd half of the albums in the directory Canola uses for your music files, update Canola's database with that 2nd half, and run the script again.

After all this is done, you should be able to copy the backed up JPG covers of the 1st pass to the COVERS folder of Canola and put all your music back into the folder used by Canola.

It's a drag but it should work.