Did you pair the devices. When using a phone (Nokia 6120c), I made the N900 visible (in bluetooth settings), then went to bluetooth settings in the phone, and added the N900 as a trusted device. You need to do something similar in the Blackberry.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Yes they are paired and trusted on both.

Is the channel correct?
Run

sdptool browse 00:1E:A4:4F:0E:34

(replace the address with the correct address), and look for the Dialup Networking record.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

it looks like it is channel 3 not 2 but i still can not connect even after changing rfcomm to channel 3. Will keep at it.

EDIT:
Note when looking on my phone for the supported services it does not have the same ones as my old n810

the n900 is missing: OBEX Object Push

Last edited by new004lagmaster; 2010-01-23 at 03:30.

Did you release and bind again after changing rfcomm.conf?

Please try running rfcomm connect 2 instead of rfcomm bind 2 and watch the results.

Ok I have tried "rfcomm connect 2" but i am getting "can,t connect rfcomm socket: connection refused". I have also done "rfcomm bind 2" and keep getting the same results.

Do you run the rfcomm commands as root? Did you reboot after editing the rfcomm.conf file (just to make sure)?

Yes, I did all the instructions under root. Is there a way to keep the bluetooth connection active indefinitely. My first working test the BT died after a few moments after loading a web page.

Let me also say Fast Blast Cudos all around.

I got it working. Finally found a good setup for the /etc/ppp/peer/gprs file that works for alltel. Thank You so much for all your help. I will post the file up for anyone else on a CDMA Blackberry, so they can also connect.

I had connection hold for many hours a few times, and only once had a non requested disconnection. On the other hand there is this bug: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6942 and similar reports on this forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
I packaged all DUN support in one package. Install it using this install file: http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n90...client.install .

After installing, you need to edit:

/etc/ppp/chat/gprs.chat (probably only the APN needs changing)

/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf change the address to the one of your phone.
ok, sorry to dig up an old thread but i cant get this to work. i added your repository matan and tried to install the bluetooth dun client and it downloads it but when its going to install it stops and says unable to install. after some more readind i stumbled onto the link in the quote and clicked on it with my n900 and it opened up application manager and it seemed that it was going to install but then it failed. again saying it wasnt able to install the application. does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

thanks in advanced for any help.