Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
ian is one of the best. I hopes he finds any easy way to add icons and shares it with us.
Heh, thanks. The icon template will be available in the theme source when it's ready. If you don't feel like waiting, you could try generating your own layout/template with this python script my brother wrote back when we made the OS2008 themes. (Scroll down on that page to find the script.)

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Wow, that looks very good, I highly recommend you to finish it.
I definitely plan to finish it, hopefully sooner than later.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
It could be faced using background for left side bar and requiring you to place icons down the left side in just the right place
I considered that, but given the lack of sidebar in all the apps, I think it would be tough to make it look good. I may give it a shot at some point after I finish some other themes, or maybe someone else will. If anyone else (Joppu?) wants to make an LCARS theme for Maemo 5, our old sources are here, and there are a number of elements which didn't change at all between the Diablo and Fremantle templates. Some of the old icons might also come in handy.

On a mostly unrelated note, I was thinking I would probably update the lcars-sounds package for Maemo 5. After noticing that the sound file names are unchanged, I tried installing the old package from the Diablo Extras repo. It worked fine, and restored the default sounds on removal as expected.

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2010-02-19 at 22:48.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I'll have to wait til you guys get template ready

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Oh My God!! LCARS theme would be instantanious cream in pants!!! i hope someone gets around to it!!

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
???
no??

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

why dont someone with some Theme skills make something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCAfBE4EnA4

but incorporating all the sytem colors etc as well as the desktop backgrounds

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Perhaps, as this would be a very cool theme, some sort of half-way LCARS solution could be developed... with a little careful design and placement a theme/widget combo could be quite successful, using a desktop widget to simulate the vertical bar area. The rest of the OS would not work so well but at least a reasonably faithful desktop could be possible with an LCARS flavour to the rest of it.

The vertical widget could even do useful things like show missed calls, voicemail/email/SMS notifications if someone was clever enough...

I alas am not!

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
The video looks great. Is there a LCARS theme yet somewhere?

Originally Posted by starman View Post
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
is it ready yet?
???
no??

Sorry for the long wait, but the Okuda theme is finally in extras-testing. It could use more testers/votes. Here's the thread.

Tags
fremantle, theme request