Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by mangal_sk8erboy View Post
a 50 page thread?i dont think so..
See the "Search this thread" button at the top?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by ahockersten View Post
By the way, thank you all once again for all your kind words, bug reports and criticism!

A sort of related question: So far, I have not seen any report indicating that you think anything has changed for the worse with this testing build. Even all the reported bugs so far seem to concern stuff that was broken in the previous build. If it really is the case that nothing is worse then that's fantastic news of course, but I doubt it.
Well, definitely the kinetick scrolling is worse in the new build, at least in the N8x0 devices. It tends to go mad and reach escape velocity very easily.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
Now a days if the browser doesn't support flash then what's the point? I guess that's just me...

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Very nice build. BUT the screen rotation is still automatic, even if portrait or landscape are selected, from the opera settings.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Well, definitely the kinetick scrolling is worse in the new build, at least in the N8x0 devices. It tends to go mad and reach escape velocity very easily.
Yep, known issue (in N900 too):

- Fast scrolling not optimized for page rendering.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by The_Solutor View Post
the screen rotation is still automatic, even if portrait or landscape are selected, from the opera settings.
Opera acknowledge this bug here.

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Opera acknowledge this bug here.
Thanks for the link.

Should be also nice to have the user agent configurable via the preferences menu, as happen in many other browsers.

Browsing the Internet in the post iphone era it's really a pain, with all those sites optimized for the dumbphone from Cupertino.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, i have noticed that the latest trend is not not have a m.whatever or mobile.whatever but i.whatever.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by avel View Post
Heh, well spoken. I'd rather have some sort of HTML5 video than flash anyway.
Agreed, are there any plans for HTML5 Video/Audio support in Opera Mobile for Maemo?

As far as I know, none of the n900 browsers support any kind of html5 audio or video tags right now.

--

Just wanted to add, that opera mobile 10 is seriously good stuff on Maemo. It's one of the most responsive and fluid feeling apps I've experienced on the n900 overall.

The opera guys have been doing the QT dance since before it was cool

Last edited by go1dfish; 2010-07-18 at 19:40. Reason: Adding praise for Opera Mobile in it's current state.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Couple this with the UI and the browser engine, and Opera is now, by far, the best browser on maemo
I highly subjective opinion and one that I am far from sharing.
I can't use flash in Opera, I can't auto-install repo's from Opera when installing a deb that requires a new one, the scrolling goes haywire, there is a lack of zoom-steps. Not sure what criteria you value but there are a lot of things that for ME makes Opera a pretty useless browser in its current state.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Tags
fast browser, opera