Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Wille_W View Post
Hej!

I got the same problems and it has been quite frequently lately. I'm using latest CSSU. Will install Qspot on a device not running with CSSU and see if I can get the same problem there.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Do you get the problem only with auto-login or with manual login as well?

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Do you get the problem only with auto-login or with manual login as well?
Interesting yesterday and today it was impossible to get sound.. Tried everything, starting mediaplayer before and so on, no restart of the whole phone though. When I reed this I directly went in(auto login), no sound, and then log out. Started program again, logged in with my credentials and sound is now working.

I have also tested with my other phone, but there I had to login, and the sound worked. Will try that tonight with auto login and see if the problem occurs there also.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wille_W For This Useful Post:
Interesting yesterday and today it was impossible to get sound.. Tried everything, starting mediaplayer before and so on, no restart of the whole phone though. When I reed this I directly went in(auto login), no sound, and then log out. Started program again, logged in with my credentials and sound is now working.

I have also tested with my other phone, but there I had to login, and the sound worked. Will try that tonight with auto login and see if the problem occurs there also.
I have the same issue with autologin, however I have not found the cause of it yet. And some users report that they have no problems at all (even with autologin).

Probably a timing problem then... It takes time to put in the credentials and some initialization is done before the libspotify things are used.. I have no recollection that I had this kind of problems before the switch.. just a though..

The Following User Says Thank You to Wille_W For This Useful Post:
Probably a timing problem then... It takes time to put in the credentials and some initialization is done before the libspotify things are used.. I have no recollection that I had this kind of problems before the switch.. just a though..
It could very well be a timing related problem (as the same type of initialisations are done when using auto-login and manual login). Could have to do with the audio policy system, as any problems with it will result in no audio. I will need to investigate it further (I hope to release the next version within the next couple of days, so hopefully it can be fixed before that).

Seems to indeed be timing related, the issue should now be fixed (at least in my case) after having made some initialisation changes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Finally version 1.0.0-1 of QSpot is available from extras-devel (and the project garage page), including offline support.. Detailed changelog can be found below:

* Added support for offline mode (i.e., offline synchronisation of playlists). Playlists can be made available offline by longpressing and selecting Set available offline from popup context menu.
* Offline playlists and tracks indicated with different colored icons.
* Added menubar option to force offline mode.
* Offline mode related settings added.
* Last.fm scrobbling updated for offline mode (scrobbles cached in offline mode; sent when going online).
* New French translations added (thanks to Nicolas), and Finnish translations updated (thanks to Tomi).
* Misc. fixes (e.g., problem with no sound in certain circumstances fixed).

In case you have some problems e.g., logging in, try deleting the application settings / cache directory (/home/user/MyDocs/.qspot). Hope you will like the update..

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
The application doesn't startup. How do I start via xterm again?

Originally Posted by Zekahz View Post
The application doesn't startup. How do I start via xterm again?
Use command /opt/qspot/bin/qspot.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Use command /opt/qspot/bin/qspot.
I get this:

~ $ /opt/qspot/bin/qspot
> set_stream 'QSpot'
FATAL ERROR: Could not initiate session
Segmentation fault
~ $

I installed qspot using fapman and I noticed that during the installation libspotify was removed, but not updated I think.

Tags
premium account, spotify