Hi,

Can we get into the dictionary of the N9 for a language and delete all the useless words and add our own words sort of like Autocomplete Manager for the N900??

I am starting to get frustrated with the stupid dictionary in the N9.

I go to type "then" I accidentally hit the b button meaning I typed "theb" instead of correcting with the most obvious, it goes and puts the correction as "Thebes" WTF!?! :@

Its so annoying how the dictionary has such useless words and puts them above common ones.

Swype is much better for normal typing BUT it uses so much CPU its not worth the battery drain caused (tested on multiple devices as well as a freshly flashed one) 20-40% CPU usage while typing with Swype.

Is this a possibility?

Other threads seem to have died about this and never got an answer, trying to get this sorted.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
i would like to inquire about this also,stock board has tons of foolish words,is there a word to adds words like from a dictionary?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
i second that. hope some dev around here is able to help.

Originally Posted by Maserti View Post
i would like to inquire about this also,stock board has tons of foolish words,is there a word to adds words like from a dictionary?
Thats what I am hoping to find out from this thread, its getting to a point where its just annoying me now.

Swype is too resource heavy to use constantly and also is a PITA to use with X-Term. I just want to sort the dictionary out so it corrects properly unique to me and majority of people type when texting/emailing/chatting

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

I had no idea Swype was that CPU intensive.

Quite frankly I find the non-swype keyboard (in portrait) to be utterly frustrating. It seems loads less accurate than iOS devices.

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
I had no idea Swype was that CPU intensive.

Quite frankly I find the non-swype keyboard (in portrait) to be utterly frustrating. It seems loads less accurate than iOS devices.
Yeah if you have Swype as your active input method, then go into X-term and type in

Then you will see a process called meego-im-uiserver (active keyboard) do some swyping and itll jump to 40% CPU usage..

I just tried to type "yeah" accidentally hit 't' instead of 'y' and so I ended up typing "teah" and the suggestion was "teahouse"

Seriously! WTF?!

My Contributions

I think I have found two possible locations for the keyboard files:

1st Location:

Code:
/usr/share/xt9/6.2
2nd Location:

Code:
/home/user/.meego-im-engines/xt9/6.2

My Contributions

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Teahouse LOL

The Following User Says Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:
Just for comedy value, my favourite is whenever I try to type "here" but instead hit "hete" by mistake, it suggests "heterosexual"!? I am certain I have never typed that word in a text/email! I have no idea where it gets that from?

I have to carefully read what is being typed or it could be very embarrassing...

The Following User Says Thank You to arkona For This Useful Post:
I still like teahouse.

Tags
autocomplete, dictionary, keyboard, virtual.fix