Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Dependencies?
also install:

iw
macchanger
aircrack 1.1

i.e. apt-get install iw macchanger aircrack1.1
apt-get install aircrack-ng.

There's no "aircrack1.1" package in the repo. "aircrack-ng" in the repos however is on version 1.1.

You (vi_) already prob'ly know this, and I'm guessing that's a typo, so I'm saying this for the sake of others, mainly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
apt-get install aircrack-ng.

There's no "aircrack1.1" package in the repo. "aircrack-ng" in the repos however is on version 1.1.

You (vi_) already prob'ly know this, and I'm guessing that's a typo, so I'm saying this for the sake of others, mainly.
Good advice, but if people can't figure that out, they really should not be playing with a terminal, especially in root

Sorry, I had to say it!

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Can some give a "how and why" this is different/better than aircrack/f-aircrack for accessing WEP?
I have set this all up and made it as easy as I can, and I will add some desktop icons and list up an install script for all too later

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Good advice, but if people can't figure that out, they really should not be playing with a terminal, especially in root

Sorry, I had to say it!
Normally I'd agree, but because in my ownership of the N900 I went from barely computer savvy Linux newb to a semi-capable N900 user, and it's not really the same thing - it's one thing to say that if you don't know how to change your own password or use the shell you shouldn't use hacking tools - since that kind of stuff is readily available. But in the case of the repository, you have to know in advance that the N900's aircrack-ng package is named in accordance to the standard naming conventions for the package (if there even is such a thing, of which I'm not sure).

And while for something like the shell you can just google "Linux command line tutorial" or something and get a lot of very informative results immediately, the N900's extras repository package listings are less intuitive to search for. It took me months before Nicolai (I have this feeling I'm spelling his name wrong) kindly pointed me to the maemo.org/packages/, where you can actually search packages by name and the like, to see what packages are available and more importantly, to get the name by which they would be labeled in the repository.

No need to conflagrate trivial knowledge about the workings of a specific site's interface with ones ability to use the shell and be generally tech savvy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Wifite is a real we(a)pon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-Pobgi8JM

That thing cracked my WEP key in less than 3 minutes, and far more efficiently than I would do... :S

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
hi
i made a bobo
i delete from /home/user wifite.py and wifite.py.1 and now the mitm is not working what do i have to install?
best regards

You guys are evil
buy your own bloody bandwidth and stop stealing your neighbors
just cause he is using an ancient router or is clueless enough to use wep that isnt an excuse to steal bandwidth
p.s it is even more evil to use it to dl warez and get him busted

Originally Posted by LTman View Post
You guys are evil
just cause he is using an ancient router or is clueless enough to use wep that isnt an excuse to steal bandwidth
theres always a kill joy in the house ... im sure people aint using these tools for bad things are they ?>?

well the progrmas wouldnt get made if that was the case chill out or jump on the train an join us lol ,..

Originally Posted by LTman View Post
You guys are evil
Have you read the name of the network I maliciously attack in my two videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEVZ463xilU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-Pobgi8JM

Eh eh, I'm doing bad things once I steal their password.. Oh, wait... LOOK! Their network's name is torpedo48! Like mine!! Could this mean that... Well.. It's my OWN bloody wifi network and I can attack and crack it everytime I feel like it.

So... Why am I sharing the knoledge, if I want to be evil? Maybe we do this for testing purpose and security reasons, did you think about that? If people know, people protects themselves.

Since I started using Aircrack on the N900, I've improved my personal network security a lot, and helped improving my father's company's wifi network too. And I publish my video on Youtube and Facebook, so that all my friends (and many other people) stop using WEP keys and unsecure connections.

There will always be real evil people stealing information from unsecured wifi networks, but I think that sharing the knowledge reduces the risk, not the contrary.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
ifile is down. Can you upload somewhere else the tar file from post 2?

Tags
free internetz, hack the gibson, hack the planet