Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
As for RogerS question, the plucker in Maemo behaves little bit strangely. I dont know whether this behavior is normal for other devices also, but on Nokia I have difficulties to delete soemthing from the library and I cannot change fonts. But once you get to reading it feels very nice. The arrow buttons are little bit tough to press, but otherwise not a single complain.

Last edited by Mythic; 2005-11-08 at 20:26.

Originally Posted by RogerS
I had this problem when I was starting out. In the tutorial it says:
  • In order for Plucker Viewer to add a book to its library database, the .pdb file needs to be in the MyDocs folder (or a subfolder, such as eBooks)
  • In the development environment the path to this folder is:
    Kanotix/scratchbox/users/knoppix/home/knoppix/MyDocs

The Kernel Concepts guys straightened me out on this, and when I created the right folder everything was smooth. What folder are you putting the books in?
Works from the memory card also

Only pdb files? Won't the prc files from Gutenberg work?

Last edited by Tuxedosteve; 2005-11-08 at 20:42.

I have a directory in the root of my memory card called MyDocs. I put a pdb file in there and Plucker still won't add it to the library

There serveral different format hidden behind ".pdb" Most likely you have a Palmdoc.pdb format aht you need convert to plucker.pdb.

I'm getting closer. I used Plucker desktop and the tutorial posted on the previous page to convert a text file to plucker pdb format. This added ok to the Plucker database but when I try to view it I just get a blank page.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I suggest using a pdb file that you know can be read by Plucker -- one of those from the Plucker site, or Alice in Wonderland, or one of the other examples from Kernel Concepts. At least you should rule out it being a problem with what you're trying to read or open.

The Alice in Wonderland pdb works but anything I create using Plucker desktop doesn't.

During the installation of plucker you had an option to add "convert to plucker" to txt and html file popup menus. Write a simple text file (just a sentence in english) and try to convert it.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London
Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve
The Alice in Wonderland pdb works but anything I create using Plucker desktop doesn't.
Try using http://sourceforge.net/projects/sunrisexp (Sunrise), worked brilliantly for me for creating .pdb's for the 770's plucker reader.