Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I've owned every Internet Tablet, N900 and N9/N950, and it pains me to say that Jolla is not showing the kind of progress one might expect after these 2 years.

Totally agree. I knew it was going to be a bit rough round the edges, but I am actually feeling kinda dissappointed. In it's current state it canot replace my existing phone

Also, I cannot find any way to change the 'from' details in an email. It seems to leave it up to the server to add the domain name to the address and this is incorrect.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
This morning on the way in to work I was listening to music over a bluetooth Nokia BH-221 (which is now acceptably loud even when not at max volume compared to my N9).

However, at the same time I got a call. The music wasn't interrupted and the call ringtone went through the phone's speaker. By the time I'd worked out the unfamiliar ringtone was coming from my pocket, I missed the call so I don't know if the call would have gone over the headset or phone.

IIRC the N9 used to switch bluetooth profiles from A2DP headphones to bluetooth headset mode. Maybe that's not happening?

edit: Just tested this again in the office.

So what happens is that...

1) the music on the headphones stops.
2) the Jolla plays the First One ringtone (with people cheering), which sounded like the music track I was playing.
3) the Nokia BH-221 plays the Nokia ringtone!
4) the call goes through the BH-221 just fine.

What used to happen with my N9 was both the N9 and the headset played my chosen ringtone. The Jolla/BH-221 combo plays two different ringtones.

Hearing the Nokia ringtone again was plain weird. ;-)
Same happened with my Nokia Essence (BH-610), so the first time I was bit wtf. Apparently Jolla just sends some message to the headset that call is coming in and the headset plays it's own internal ringtone...

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Same happened with my Nokia Essence (BH-610), so the first time I was bit wtf. Apparently Jolla just sends some message to the headset that call is coming in and the headset plays it's own internal ringtone...
Ah, that. It happened with my Jabra as well. Not a problem, but it was somewhat amusing to hear two different ringtones at the same time.

Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Phone app - showing the last action with a contact is nice but unable to select which action to perform next is wrong. If we can only make phonecalls from this app than please only show the history in calls and leave sms out. If we can perform more actions from the phone app, I'm happy to see the updates coming... (eg. clicking the contact gives the options to call / text / mail) instead of directly calling...
A long press gives a context menu, have you tried that?

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
# Things that do not work properly so far (got it yesterday evnening and barely used it at work today, so experience not quite extensive):

1. Can't use SSH through USB, works properly through WiFi (easier than on N9, by the way);

2. a problem with importing contacts from a merged .vcf file: some contacts are not imported although the Jolla sees them; working on it with a sailor and already some progress;

3. pictures in Gallery do not show up: I just get the blurred wallpaper from the current ambience, unless I tap to show the Gallery menu, then trigger the pulley menu to edit the picture, then I can see it in the bottom part of the screen (or the right part if I'm in landscape);

4. in presence screen (Events/Status of accounts), multiple accounts cannot be distinguished, but it will apparently be fixed in a next update;

5. setting multiple instant messaging accounts of the same and/or sending message to a contact with multiple account of the same type is really confusing: no mean to know which identity is being used, not which contact's account the message will be sent to; fix is coming in a future update too;

6. not a bug, but why not showing battery level and connectivity status on the lockscreen? Currently you have to start a bottom swipe to see it below the clock, but I don't see the point. Battery level and connectivity status are the most useful information in a smartphone status bar, and even if I like the idea that Sailfish does not need statusbar, here both types of information have no dedicated screen: battery and connectivity status are between the lock screen and the multitask screen, but not permanently shown on any of those. It would fit perfectly below the clock shown on lockscreen (in addition to the flick feature of course).

# Things that I know/hope are going to happen and I'm looking forward to using them:

1. Calendar sync;

2. MMS;

3. search by terms in eMail app;

4. apps and connection switch buttons set as favorites in the Settings application accessible from another - more convenient - place (plus it would allow closing the settings app), like from a swipe right to left on the multitask view (and let's say the left to right swipe is dedicated to ambiences, instead of both directions);

5. a way to show multiple pages of 9 covers, either by a special gesture or a page number that could be clicked or scrolled, perhaps using the gesture for favorite ambiences that would be easy enough to chose from a pulley menu on the lock screen;

6. I see no pulley menu to change ambiences from the lockscreen, thought it was there in the videos;

7. flasher!

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-17 at 23:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
One issue I found: set Alarm at, say, 7.40am and it shows as set at 8.40am albeit it properly fires off at 7.40am

I'm in the UK.

And to add to Point 4 above, the quick access bar (i.e. the four quick apps available from the Task Manager) also disappear when you scroll to the app list. It'd be nice to have them show as well.

I honestly can't remember if I've mentioned this, so sorry if I'm repeating myself: FLV videos are downloaded and played back as audio only. Flash audio (onepixel player) doesn't work. (This one's partly on me: I'm the web admin of a particular site that uses the onepixel player on Drupal to play mp3 files, so maybe I should look for a fat^H^H^Hflash-free alternative. There are still other sites using Flash, though.)

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Android Skype voice calls use only loudspeaker.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I'm having some difficulties with the 3g internet connection.

I'm with Vodafone UK, and had to manually enter the APN settings. This led to the cellular internet working. After a while this has gotten disconnected and can't get reconnected.

This happened yesterday (day 1 with my Jolla), and again today after I reset to factory condition.

While the settings were wrong and I attempted to make a connection, the 'connection failed' notification would appear, and when successful the 'connected' one would flash across. However in the current state no banner appears at all. Also, when I try to use the browser with both the WLAN and mobile internet 'disabled' from settings, only the WLAN option is presented. Strangely while 'peeking' to see the connection status, the 3G icon shows a healthy signal.

This occurred before yesterday's update, and persists after.I have developer mode activated, but not the updates within that dialog.

Is using dmesg the way forward to diagnose this, and if so what's the command I need to issue?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Berlin/Germany
I could not register at the Jolla Store with my E-Mail adress, because it has a "_" in it. After changing the "_" to an "-" I could register. Luckily I own both adresses.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matti For This Useful Post: