Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
May I ask an unlike question?
Does copy/paste and/or text selection in browser work on this twodotzero OS?
Nope, not even in inputs

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Nope, not even in inputs
No words, just

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Nope, not even in inputs
Oh FFS. Just tried that too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
We really need easier access to favorite toggles. Now I have to double-tap to wake the device, swipe to unlock, flick to reach events screen, flick down to reach the toggles.. for "quick" toggles this many moves does not cut it
At least before I left the Settings app always open so I could reach these things relatively easily...
What did I say? Someone is complaining already.

The only settings I ever (and by that, I mean ever since I had a mobile phone, i.e. in the past 20 years) wanted to change from a locked phone was to turn to silent. My old Palm Treo had a physical switch for that very purpose. The most useful feature in the history of everything. I could switch it to silent without taking it out of the pocket (or, more commonly, from under the pillow).

But I digress. Accessing the toggles is now faster than ever and works in the default configuration, without any patches. No longer do I have to start Settings to turn wireless off or change the screen brightness.

For an easier access to at least some of the most common toggles without unlocking, have a look at Schturman's repository on Openrepos. Once installed, you can add them to the lock screen pulley menu. I used to have "Connect to internet" there but 1.1.9 rendered that unnecessary.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Was the skype account support added recently? Didn't see it before
What??? Official Skype support??¿¿
Sure it's not that openrepos thing with haze wrapped purple plugin that uses skypeweb?

Also, hall switch works on the tablet with the lastu cover! Woot!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
No words, just
You know, I am starting to suspect that Copernicus' repeated suggestions that the current Jolla's offerings are mere proofs of concept to attract licensing partners are true on more than one level. Copernicus only suggested that this is the case for the hardware, but I am beginning to suspect that some half-baked features and bugs not fixed for 2+ years are in fact deliberate.

This has become obvious to me when I was implementing my SMS patch. You see, I find it hard to believe that Jolla would put the most useless thing, the clock, in the place where the most missing thing, the character count should be, because they think a clock is a better idea. No, I suspect they put it there deliberately as a bait, waiting patiently for someone to patch it.

The same goes for any other patch of course: text select and copy&paste in the browser, any screen orientation in any app, extended call log, remorse timers, you name it. I have had a look at quite a few of them and most of them are really trivial. I find it hard to believe that Jolla developers have been totally blind to such things and incompetent to fix them for two years.

No, I am really getting inclined more and more each day that this is all part of a bigger plan. A plan to tell prospective licensing partners look, our OS is so flexible, you just do a little nip and tuck here and there and you can tweak it the way you like it. Just look at what a bunch of amateurs have done without a proper documentation, now imagine what you can do when we tell you where all the hidden Easter eggs are.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
What??? Official Skype support??¿¿
Sure it's not that openrepos thing with haze wrapped purple plugin that uses skypeweb?

Also, hall switch works on the tablet with the lastu cover! Woot!
Yeah, you're right, installed this and forgot: Skype Account by Thaodan (from openrepos, yup)
Works nicely actually and seamlessly it seems, adding contacts needs a bit of jolla help (had the bug: no skype notifications on mobile, only on wifi, this helps a lot)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Bold move to name it Saimaa, which is the largest single freshwater body in finland
Excellent observation given that sailfish is a saltwater fish! lol

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I am hoping the 2.0.0.10 release actually solved the annoying network error (this and this) audio alert played when calls not picked up or caller hangs up. That was the most embarrassing thing for me in using my Jolla in public.

This happened in USA with T-Mobile sim with voice mail, India with BSNL sim with no voice mail, Nexus 5 (v1.1.9.28) (currently my main phone) in USA T-Mobile. I am surprised this is not happening to many more people. It happened on every call if I am late to pick up the call.
While waiting for a build of 2.0.0.10 for Nexus 5, I upgraded my Jolla, just because I saw this in the release notes.

"Dismissing call should now work more reliably"

Upgrade went smooth. I tested making several calls from couple other phones. I never got the network error message, when the calls evantually got transferred to voice mail or when I hung up the call from the calling phone.

I am hoping this really get resolved.

If it did, a big thanks to all the Jolla Sailors!!!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Cagliari, Italy
Hi everybody!
My Jolla stucks in a perpetual downloading of latest update Saimaa 2.0.0.10
Any solution out there??????
Ps: I need to reboot the phone for a new update search,but when I launch the download..it starts,but never end.....

The Following User Says Thank You to requiem_76 For This Useful Post: