Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
OK I have an eye problem (retinopathy) and sometimes seeing the text from sms and browser is hard work. The screen is too small and I havent seen any options for increasing fonts generally so thinking of changing phones sadly.

Looking for something with similar functionality, namely email, browser, sms, decent phone function would be good and bigger text.

Any experience and feedback appreciated from latest kit or upcoming phones (will wait a bit for the right one).

thanks

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
OK I have an eye problem (retinopathy) and sometimes seeing the text from sms and browser is hard work. The screen is too small and I havent seen any options for increasing fonts generally so thinking of changing phones sadly.

Looking for something with similar functionality, namely email, browser, sms, decent phone function would be good and bigger text.

Any experience and feedback appreciated from latest kit or upcoming phones (will wait a bit for the right one).

thanks
As far as upcoming phones, I'd look for the Dell Streak (or Mini 5). It has a 5 inch screen so it should be much easier to read.

You might also check the browser to see if you can change the default font size. Most should allow you to do that although it will depend on the particular browser implementation.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
You can modify the text/font sizes.

You could try to edit your active theme, too. On my old N800 I changed it to a smaller size and everything still looked gorgeous.

Perhaps it works the other way 'round on the N900 - I think it's worth a (backup and) try

Originally Posted by Keir View Post
You can modify the text/font sizes.
in conversations? I know I can change the browser size.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
in conversations? I know I can change the browser size.
check the mod threads (Search for mod) - might even be on the wiki now.
I know they have changed font colour and type, probably no reason why font sizes can't get bigger
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Give me an idea of what font size you want and I'll modify my maemo-org theme to use it.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ations&page=24

tried this but it doesnt seem to be happening as theres been no change. Do I need to carry out the cp command to each file?
I've now added to the original thread.

Anyone use the HTC HD2 and is it likely to come onto Android 2.1?

thanks

Last edited by bonerp; 2010-03-16 at 09:29.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Anyone use the HTC HD2 and is it likely to come onto Android 2.1?
No, I haven't used one. Yes, supposedly a Android 2.1 version (with 4G WiMax as well) is in the works. Its current name is the Supersonic. Here is a short video that just showed up:

http://androidmobileos.com/?p=9847

looks like this is being announced tomorrow according to the usual gossip boards. Think I will be placing a pre order for it.