Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
yes, I logged in as root. might it be a pathname error? I saved the files to Documents. what pathfile command do I need?
just save the files again to the N900 and make sure that the location is just N900 - then look in MyDocs and you'll find them
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Watch out if it crashes and you close the browser in the task manager, sometimes chrome keeps running in the background as a process, using 100% of your OCed cpu, no less. Killing the process works just fine.

Otherwise very quick, more or less full fledged chrome, with lots of crashes and problems with certain flash content.

If we could exit fullscreen and find a back button, it would be sweet.

Entering text works fine for me.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
just save the files again to the N900 and make sure that the location is just N900 - then look in MyDocs and you'll find them
ah, that was the solution, installed and running fine now. thank you so much...

I'm having the same problem as dreadnought. Now just so you know my knowledge of xterm is zero.

When you say "cd /home/user/MyDocs/" do you mean replace "user" with the name I have for my root folder? If so then mine would be "Funkey Monkey" but xterm doesn't like spaces, how can I change it?

The Following User Says Thank You to martinj88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by martinj88 View Post
I'm having the same problem as dreadnought. Now just so you know my knowledge of xterm is zero.

When you say "cd /home/user/MyDocs/" do you mean replace "user" with the name I have for my root folder? If so then mine would be "Funkey Monkey" but xterm doesn't like spaces, how can I change it?
You don't need to change it. He means /home/user/MyDocs as you see it. No need to replace anything.

Hope this helps!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yorg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by martinj88 View Post

Funkey_Monkey

you use this sign to replace spaces when using xterm--> _

edit: I see someone else made a more legite answer

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-04-09 at 23:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
Just thought I'd remind everyone...you DO know that Chrome sends Google not just your searches, not just every link you click, but every keystroke you enter? You know that, right?

Google really is Big Brother...
Yeah .... no it doesn't. Time to remove the tinfoil hat matey. Google gather info - probably more than they should, but that statement is patently BS.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I instaleld Chrome Touch but it hardly ever works in most web pages.
Is it working perfectly on all web pages for others who installed it?

thanks for the help. I tried again and it worked so I'm guessing it was an error on my part.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I instaleld Chrome Touch but it hardly ever works in most web pages.
Is it working perfectly on all web pages for others who installed it?
It works perfectly on google.com, other than that it's a gamble.
Flash plugin crashes on most websites with flash adds, youtube doesn't crash but is very slow (as been said here).

The browser itself looks great though

Tags
alternative browser, alternative web browser, browser, browser war, browserd fix, chrome, chromium, fremantle, google, inferior compared to ff, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser alternative, maemo browser war, microb alternative, microb killer, web browser