Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
play a music video on the iphone. And surf the web at the same time.

not possible but can be done on the n9 (just one of a few practical examples)

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post

android can do this also - just use overskreen browser.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
i was responding to the earlier poster who was complaining that the iphone was unfairly trampled on here.

Naturally you won't want to watch a music video in the background, but presumably play the music. iOS has APIs to play sound in the background so technically this should be possible (haven't looked in any detail, but several apps do play sound in the background).

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton

Oh my! It's possible! Took like 2 minutes of googling to find.

i was responding to the earlier poster who was complaining that the iphone was unfairly trampled on here.
And you failed. Running out of stuff for "my phone CAN do but your phone CAN'T"?

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Here we go...

Yet another thread going o/t, mutterings about i-this and i-that. Nowadays as soon as I see this happening I don't return to that particular thread.

TiMO ffs

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
I don't care about which device or OS is "better" in absolute terms - to each his own, I say. I'm not a fanboy of any brand or OS.

What really makes me angry is disinformation. I'd be happy if people would double check the "facts" they are spewing on this forum over and over again.

you've totally mistook my pov. very early on in this thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=20) i'd already expressed that i was sure it'll soon turn into a flame war which none of the general populace here agrees on. this is the reason why i wasn't posting on this thread even though i was reading thro' some disinformation.

the reason i posted was in reply to the poster who felt the iphone was being unfairly trampled on even though this thread was not against the iphone per se. i posted a reply which had in brackets (just one of a few practical examples) which clearly meant that there are only a few practical points whereby the iphone was lacking in terms of multi-tasking. it doesn't have full multi-tasking but what it has in practical terms isn't a big diference.

it wasn't a feature war (something i'm quite frustrated with personally with the recent onslaught of fanboys vs haters) just a pov that the iphone wasn't being unfairly trampled on in this thread.

Edit: If my points have been a bit hazy i apologize as i was posting from my n9 so didn't have the patience to post it in full.

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-06-04 at 10:23.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
nothings perfect, and depends to personal judgement too, let face it, and be proud to be owner of last fighter of maemo, long live maemo, just saying,

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
To me, it's still early days for the N9; there are some on this thread who never appreciated the N900 for similar reasons--they left the scene before the N900 really happened, and declared it a failure when in fact it was a spectacular success for those of us who stuck with it. The N9 is still in its inception -- reference intended -- and I hope and expect its progress to continue. It DOES seem to me to be the heir to the N900 in some ways, and a worthy one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
disappointment, lack of apps, specc=ericsson, tizen is savior