Hi
Are any of you using a 3(uk) mobile broadband sim in your n900, my laptop is broken and id like to still be able to use my 15gb allowance with my n900, ive tried using fapn to set it up and also asking 3 but so far ive had no luck,
i would really apreciate any help on this.
Thanks

Last edited by matts76; 2010-05-15 at 02:38. Reason: spelling in title

Hi could one of the mods please correct the spelling mistake in the thread title, i wrote it in a bit of a hurry.
Thanks

Yes, I'm using a 3 UK PAYG SIM in my N900. I didn't have to do anything special to get it working. There were fixes in PR1.1 firmware that resolved issues with Three SIMs.

Originally Posted by cpm View Post
Yes, I'm using a 3 UK PAYG SIM in my N900. I didn't have to do anything special to get it working. There were fixes in PR1.1 firmware that resolved issues with Three SIMs.
Is it a mobile broadband sim like you would use in a dongle on your laptop? that is what im trying to use.

They are all the same. Just pay 5 pounds a month for the payg broadband on the internet add ons on the 3 website

I am here in ireland using 3 mobile broadband. Sometimes if i go travelling i will take the sim from dongle and put it into n900 to access the internet. You can start using the net by choosing 3 network broadband from available options via the internet connection widget. You can also send and receive text as well as receive calls but not make calls.

Plus, i was in belfast on holiday a few months back. I used the same method to get to the internet. The is no roaming charges.

Last edited by asyik; 2010-05-15 at 11:17.

Originally Posted by asyik View Post
I am here in ireland using 3 mobile broadband. Sometimes if i go travelling i will take the sim from dongle and put it into n900 to access the internet. You can start using the net by choosing 3 network broadband from available options via the internet connection widget. You can also send and receive text as well as receive calls but not make calls.

Plus, i was in belfast on holiday a few months back. I used the same method to get to the internet. The is no roaming charges.
could you do me a favor and post the apn settings from connections, as it doesn't set up automaticaly for me, also are you sure the data is coming from your broadband allowance and not being charged as mobile internet seperately as that was what 3 told me would happen if i tried using the sim in my mobile, my problem seems to be that the sim card is not automaticaly setting up when i insert it into my n900.
Thanks

Originally Posted by 12vibes View Post
They are all the same. Just pay 5 pounds a month for the payg broadband on the internet add ons on the 3 website
I have a broadband dongle contract with 15gb a month, but it doesn't seem to configure itself automaticaly when i put it in my n900

Does anyone know the settings for using a 3 broadband sim in the N900?