I havn't tried with windows yet, but it works 100% of the time with Linux for me (using wvdial/gnome-ppp). I don't see any reason it wouldn't work in Windows.

For how to distribute it. This doesn't need any GUI. It's best if it can be hooked to bluez or somewhere to start automatically (assuming that it doesn't use any CPU when idle). User has just to install DUN support and that's it.

I may be wrong, but got some feeling that dun script is more a workaround than a proper solution. n900' bluez does support BT network/pan it seems, but that needs to attention as well. I'd like to be able to have n900 as BT gateway to internet, it required - that would just beat all the competitors with their stupid DUN

Originally Posted by vitb View Post
I may be wrong, but got some feeling that dun script is more a workaround than a proper solution. n900' bluez does support BT network/pan it seems, but that needs to attention as well. I'd like to be able to have n900 as BT gateway to internet, it required - that would just beat all the competitors with their stupid DUN
It's a workaround, but if it works...

PAN support is what I want too, but DUN seems to be much easier to achieve.

Originally Posted by zgold550 View Post
Are you sure dun.sh is in your current directory? What if you just do "sh dun.sh"?

And no, the widget is not done yet, its still on the todo though. GUPnP stuff has taken precedence lately :/ My guess is sometime before January it'll be done.
Hello,
her you are:

/home # sh dun.sh
Unknown service name: DUN
./dun.sh: line 6: syntax error: end of file unexpected (esxpecting "do")
/home # cat dun.sh
sdptool add --channel 1 DUN
while true; do
rfcomm -S -- listen -1 1 /usr/bin/pnatd '{}'
sleep 1
done
/home #

Maybe a service is not running as expected? What should i search for?

Also it seems my /etc/bluetooth/main.conf is different frome the one reported on: http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsu...tooth_profiles

as disableplugins is commented:

#List of plugins that should not be loaded on bluetoothd startup
#DisablePlugins = network,input,hal

Any suggestion?

Edit: i forgot to add that i can establish bluetooth network connection between win 7 and n900 but it's like not configured, i.i. no ip addresses, no L3 connectivity.
i guess at least one service (DUN or PAN) is already running, any way i can check on device?

Last edited by RinoG; 2009-12-02 at 16:37.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
I'm hoping to have something similar to switch my N900 into MiFi mode so I can access it from my laptop more easily.
Hmm, for that to happen bug 6097 must be closed first.

Bump for my newbie question... any help?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Mumbai, India
dr00ls at the greek and latin linux jargon

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
any progress here? such an app would be strongly needed - just to many clicks to switch bt on/off

This applet is actually no longer required. A bluetooth-dun upstart script was pushed to extras-devel which enables bluetooth-dun to be always available.