Posts: 31 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Greater Chicagoland area
Dave999, I can feel your pain. Well, sort of.

I got myself and my wife an N9 for Christmas. I got the 64 GB Black and my wife wanted Cyan, so she got the 16 GB model. We are in the U.S., so we got phones from other areas. IIRC, mine is Malaysian, but I don't recall where hers is from.

She's not quite the geeky person that I am. She's had some of the various issues with the N9 like having to sign in for email and Nokia's OVI store all the time. My phone - no issues. She just LOVES it when technology works fine for me and not for her.

I reflashed her device and tried fixing it quite a few times and finally got to the point in early February where I told her to just hold on and PR1.2 will fix these things.

When I read the news today, I refreshed my Manage Applications updates check and low and behold, I could d/l and install PR1.2. Yeah! I showed the improvements to my wife at lunch.

So what is the first thing she did when she walked through the door less than an hour ago? Hand me her phone to finally update it.

Hers says it's up to date and does not find the PR1.2 update. Her patience has about run out. So, I read your posts and see many parallels. I hope for you and my wife and the rest of the world that this update gets widely released ASAP because it really does seem faster and cooler in a number of ways.

Last edited by RasLikesN9; 2012-02-27 at 22:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RasLikesN9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Newham Vic
Still waiting in Australia, unlocked 16gb

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm waiting.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by RasLikesN9 View Post

I got myself and my wife an N9 for Christmas. I got the 64 GB Black and my wife wanted Cyan, so she got the 16 GB model. We are in the U.S., so we got phones from other areas. IIRC, mine is Malaysian, but I don't recall where hers is from.

She's not quite the geeky person that I am. She's had some of the various issues with the N9 like having to sign in for email and Nokia's OVI store all the time. My phone - no issues. She just LOVES it when technology works fine for me and not for her.

I reflashed her device and tried fixing it quite a few times and finally got to the point in early February where I told her to just hold on and PR1.2 will fix these things.

When I read the news today, I refreshed my Manage Applications updates check and low and behold, I could d/l and install PR1.2. Yeah! I showed the improvements to my wife at lunch.

So what is the first thing she did when she walked through the door less than an hour ago? Hand me her phone to finally update it.

Hers says it's up to date and does not find the PR1.2 update. Her patience has about run out. So, I read your posts and see many parallels. I hope for you and my wife and the rest of the world that this update gets widely released ASAP because it really does seem faster and cooler in a number of ways.
Reflash your wife's N9, all of the problems you've encountered can be fixed with reflashing PR1.1 onto the phone. I have reflashed my N9 many times and have 0 issues with it at the moment. I am very hesitant to update to PR1.2 till I know for a fact that the applications that I use a lot (Schturmann's QuickTweak Script) works well with PR1.2.

If you need help to flash your wife's N9 to PR1.1 again, I am more than willing to offer it.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Still waiting.

TMO IS BACK ONLINE. But PR1.2 is still offline.

I won't flash pr 1.2. Never. I want to use my woodoo!

Nokia don't allow that.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...g/n9-developer

Goodbye

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-02-28 at 14:56.

Hello again.

Who is Santtu Ahonen? what is his job title? Is he a Nokian?

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by RasLikesN9 View Post

i doubt if your unit is from malaysia as i am still waiting for PR1.2 lol

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Hello again.

Who is Santtu Ahonen? what is his job title? Is he a Nokian?
He is Product manager of MeeGo native tools.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
What is nokia doing with the PR1.2 now for us without it?

Running more tests? adding bugfixes? Adding features? Removing features? Nothing?

Whatever they do, its seems very strange that they need so much extra time. Sure, protecting the servers, but I still don't see why they need all this extra annoying time.

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert