Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Netherlands Antilles
Hello. i Had a nokia N95 and had roadsync on it to recieve mail on my phone.
Now i can not recieve mail on my new nokia N900, HOW can i fix this ?
I,m trying to set the settings, but it keep telling me that there is a problem with my passpoort, domain or username.
PLS HELP.

i'm using mail2web.com.

PLS send me a mail on bikerboy30@hotmail.com for receiving my mail from mail2web.com account to my Nokia N900.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
So I have a dumb question, and as a non-developer I assume I am going to answer my own question.

Can't someone develop an application that 'tricks' exchange into thinking it is a managed device obliging to it's security requirements? The iPhone use to do it when activesync was first inabled, and currently there are many people using an app called touchdown by nitrodesk to connect to exchange on android devices since the activesync setup is hit or miss because of the managed device scenario.

Any devs out there working on something like that would really take off given the many many entries I have seen on this board complaining about not being able to connect to their exchange boxes because of 'non-provisionable' restrictions.

Just my 2 cents from a non-developer...

The Following User Says Thank You to EE3547 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
Originally Posted by EE3547 View Post
So I have a dumb question, and as a non-developer I assume I am going to answer my own question.

Can't someone develop an application that 'tricks' exchange into thinking it is a managed device obliging to it's security requirements? The iPhone use to do it when activesync was first inabled, and currently there are many people using an app called touchdown by nitrodesk to connect to exchange on android devices since the activesync setup is hit or miss because of the managed device scenario.

Any devs out there working on something like that would really take off given the many many entries I have seen on this board complaining about not being able to connect to their exchange boxes because of 'non-provisionable' restrictions.

Hell yeah! id pay for that! great idea

The Following User Says Thank You to telnet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK

The source code for the MfE connector is closed, so in order to implement this you'd also need to implement a complete MfE stack.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010

There are SOOOO many people that have complained about it. This for me is a failed device, when I cant sync with my server due to non-provisioning..........This device was unfortunately designed for unemployed and teenagers..........

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
I hear you. way too bad. maybe a 3rd party will dev something. one can only hope...

just downloaded pr1.2 and still no partial provisionning support for mail for exchange like the symbian nokias have. So I still cannot use my N900 for work email with exchange. this is really bad and I can't wait for Nokia to implement something in a future firmware update.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Europe
I am disgusted that Nokia have to fixed this - Especially when Google have implemented it for Android.

The last Meamo I buy.

Tags
activesync, alphanumeric, exchange, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, non-provisionable, non-provisioning, passcode, password, provisionable, provisioning, security