Active Topics

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
I've searched for differences but there wasn't anything conclusive just speculation on a differnce and it was between the UK and US models. I'm living in Ireland and i've a choice between MIDDLE EAST EU or UK, both are qwerty so i'm wondering what is the actual difference. Can someone post a pic of the keyboards. is it just firmware for language support? is there any wifi/gsm/fm transmitter differences because of different laws?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I don't think there's any hardware differences except for the keyboard (across all variants). Everything else should be done through the different firmware. If you run osso-product-info it'll report which WLAN channel config it's using, so that's definitely regional, no idea on the FM/GSM config though.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
i know that some countries have restricted FM transmitting laws so that feature is disabled. i think the us may be one,(don't quote me on that)

can someone post a pic of the middle east eu keyboard so i can compare it to the uk keyboard.