Posts: 65 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Berlin
Since there's no hope no more for a sailfish tablet, how about a querty sailfish phone? I'v still got that tohkbd, but it doesn't slide as smooth as your's does. I don't wanna switch to android.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alfredquack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by alfredquack View Post
Since there's no hope no more for a sailfish tablet, how about a querty sailfish phone? I'v still got that tohkbd, but it doesn't slide as smooth as your's does. I don't wanna switch to android.
Get a Gemini smartphone with great qwerty keyboard ! Triple boot : Android + Debian + Sailfish :
http://support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool.html
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Berlin
thanx for the link. I was already looking into that one, but I'm afraid it's kinda too big for me to have it just carring around all the time.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alfredquack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
There is also the Chen's Livermorium phone currently under development, but we don't know yet if it will support Sailfish. I'm optimistic (and hope) that someone from the community will come up with a community port, but it's hard to guarantee since there may be hardware issues for that (I have no idea, I'm not a coder), and above all I hope Jolla will eventually offer official support as they plan it for the Gemini. There is no way to know for sure, but this phone certainly is a good candidate considering what Chen thinks about mainstream OSes and his nostalgia for Maemo/Meego/Sailfish, now that does not mean that supporting Sailfish will be possible.

According to Chen's old posts in the corresponding thread, it should be smaller than a Gemini and designed for thumb typing (but it should still be a somewhat large phone for those whose standard HWKB phone is the N900 or the N950, since Chen said he was going for a bigger screen).

Last edited by Kabouik; 2018-07-22 at 15:32.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
I also lost money of Youyota, and I'm still in the market for a new Sailfish tablet.

Almost any would do, as long as it has more modern hardware and in particular more memory than the old Jolla tablet, hoping that will prevent the Web browser and some sites from crashing.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
There is also the Chen's Livermorium phone currently under development......
Kabouik is one of the very few that has actually seen the pic and video of the "development in progress" keyboard device. I will irregularly show some process to selected members and take advice / suggestions / feedback of the product.

Originally Posted by Pim View Post
I also lost money of Youyota, and I'm still in the market for a new Sailfish tablet.
Me too.

And I won't give up as well.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Putting my question to wrong ,but probably logical place:

Need new battery for jolla tablet.

Any ideas!

if youyota was near to be produced I assume there is pile of batteries somewhere.?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Google gives this

But saddly it seems to be a scam that use photoshop-extracted parts of this old article.

Regarding, Youyota, it seems that the guy ran away with the money before ordering all the parts, and is impossible to find.
So there's probably no stash of Youyota batteries in some warehouse.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Indiegogo informed me that they've refunded my full contribution. Haven't yet confirmed with my credit card issuer. All it took was writing my state's attorney general, who forwarded my complaint to my county's district attorney who (I guess) got the desired results from Indiegogo.

OTOH, they still list the project as "In Production", and are still taking contributions through "Indemand" . . .

So if you're in the same boat you may wish to complain to your local authorities. The US FTC is back in business (for now), and they also take consumer complaints (and Indiegogo is California-based, so even if you're outside the US, they might be interested in your experience if for nothing else, to build a larger case).

Last edited by robthebold; 2019-02-13 at 14:40. Reason: spelling is hard

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Well done!
Thanks for the info (not personally involved).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os