Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
When you wrote that you have never seen it before, were you using Netmon 0.6-1 from extras-testing or 0.9-1 from extras-devel previously?
Always had netmon directly from devel since ages, so I am pretty sure I never ever used 0.6 at all
I believe latest was 0.9-2, or?

I see this also, it seems to happen if one leaves the battery page open after some random period. I did manage to get a python: corrupted double-linked list error though, so hopefully that will give me something to work with.
Yes, exactly. It closes sometimes after random time (not always).
I did not see any output in console, but ...

Thanks for the feedback, I think it is safe to say there is not a problem specifically with the power kernels.
You are welcome. Yes, there should not be a kp related problem at all (as I also use kp since ages).
Only thing I may think of here is conflict reading battery values (I remembervaguely something about i2c and bq27)?

And thanks for caring about this nice application (even we also have cellnet-info).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
And thanks for caring about this nice application (even we also have cellnet-info).
I didn't even know about cellnet-info.

Confirming. I also see the introspect error with the standard kernel, but it doesn't seem to affect the application. Still, it would be nice to suppress this.
I found the solution to this here.

I'm still working on the Battery Status display.
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
It closes sometimes after random time (not always).
I did not see any output in console, but ...
Sometimes I see the python: corrupted double-linked list error, sometimes a segmentation fault, but most of the time it exits with no message.

I've had some success with increasing the Battery Status refresh interval from 2 seconds to 4 or more, but it still exits after a couple of hours.

I noticed the Cell Info refresh interval was set to 30 seconds. I have decreased this to 10 and it doesn't seem to have introduced any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Netmon 0.9-4 is now in extras-devel.
  • Introspect error message should no longer be shown.
  • Battery Status display should no longer exit randomly.
  • Cell Info refresh interval is reduced from 30s to 10s.
  • Battery Status refresh interval remains at 2s.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I tested the application and it works.

But I have a couple of questions:

1.- Is there a way to see what band I'm using? My operator is 900/1800 and sometimes I wonder which band the phone is using. They tell me that if I choose 3G in my phone my band using them will be 900 MHz and if I choose 2.5G will be 1800 MHz but I have never confirmed it.

2.- Also weird: If I'm in 2.5G and select "Networks" I can see all the networks in the current band I'm in (and I think it's 1800 MHz). If I select 3G in the phone, then (assuming the info from my operator is right) I'm in the 900 MHz band, and then if I select "Networks" I can see only the networks in the 900 MHz band (just the current one I'm using) and the others that appeared when I was in 2.5G aren't shown.

So I think the Network search depends on the band I'm currently using? My assumption is: If I'm in the 900 MHz band I can only see networks in the 900/1800 MHz and if I'm in the 1800 MHz band I can only see networks in the 850/1800 Mhz band.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I1.- Is there a way to see what band I'm using? My operator is 900/1800 and sometimes I wonder which band the phone is using. They tell me that if I choose 3G in my phone my band using them will be 900 MHz and if I choose 2.5G will be 1800 MHz but I have never confirmed it.
I don't know of a way to do this.

2.- Also weird: If I'm in 2.5G and select "Networks" I can see all the networks in the current band I'm in (and I think it's 1800 MHz). If I select 3G in the phone, then (assuming the info from my operator is right) I'm in the 900 MHz band, and then if I select "Networks" I can see only the networks in the 900 MHz band (just the current one I'm using) and the others that appeared when I was in 2.5G aren't shown.
I've just tested now with 2G/3G/Dual Mode Selection Applet and SIM cards from two different operators. In my area there are three operators that have 3G @ 2100MHz and of those two have 2G @ 900MHz, the third doesn't have 2G. There is another operator that has 3G @ 900MHz and 2G @ 1800MHz.

When I select "Networks" with my phone in 3G or Dual mode, I see all four networks, and with the phone in 2G mode I see only three networks. It didn't matter whether I used a SIM from one of the 2100/900 operators or the 900/1800 operator.

So I think the Network search depends on the band I'm currently using? My assumption is: If I'm in the 900 MHz band I can only see networks in the 900/1800 MHz and if I'm in the 1800 MHz band I can only see networks in the 850/1800 Mhz band.
Do you have a mix of European and American bands in your country? It may depend on whether your phone is using European or American bands which other networks you can see.

anyway to get RF informations such as EcNO, RSCP etc please?

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
anyway to get RF informations such as EcNO, RSCP etc please?
I only know how to retrieve what is in the wiki:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control#...ignal_strength

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Do you have a mix of European and American bands in your country? It may depend on whether your phone is using European or American bands which other networks you can see.
Sadly yes. There's a network which started in 900 MHz (European band) and when 3G started the government didn't want to give them the 2100 MHz band (dunno why) so they had to move voice and EDGE to 1800 MHz and kept the 900 MHz for 3G and they are now an extremely weird hybrid network 900/1800.

I was using the 2G/3G/Dual Mode Selection Applet and I can see all the networks only if dual model is selected, so that mystery is solved.

Interesting:
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
com.nokia.phone.net:
com.nokia.phone.net is used for cellular network status (e.g. current cell tower, current operator, 3G vs 2G vs both etc as well as status changes related to the network). The known details of com.nokia.phone.net can be found in this file and this file
From the first link (net_definitions.h):
Code:
enum network_band_info
{
    NETWORK_GSM_BAND_900_1800 = 0,
    NETWORK_GSM_BAND_850_1900,
    NETWORK_GSM_BAND_INFO_NOT_AVAIL,
    NETWORK_GSM_BAND_ALL_SUPPORTED_BANDS // All supported bands can be used
};