Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
this file is 170k long and contains enormous lot of alarms I have no idea they came from.
manually, I've installed only three profile change events.

so how do I find out which alarm_queue.ini entry is the one I'm looking for?

and what's the jobs files for if they don't play any role in profile changes?
Please simply execute that alarmed.py command I gave you, and don't edit alarm_queue.ini yourself. The jobnumber is the jobnumber in /home/user/.config/alarmed/jobs to be removed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Can't you read, or are you just trolling ?

I have repeatedly answered your question now, but you just ignore it. And as soon as I tell you not to edit alarm_queue.ini, you start asking questions about editing this file? Have it your own way and edit the file, but don't ask for serious advice here, please.

Sad to see how TMO is developing lately. Sometimes it feels like it turned into a kindergarten of stubborn kids who just got their second hand phone.

I am done answering questions like this...

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Sorry for reviving this old thread but I thought it would be better than opening a new one.

I installed alarmed on my N900 a while back and set some alarms that I needed at that moment. Some months after that, I reflashed the N900 and restored a backup I had made with the build in backup utility before reflashing, and some alarms set with alarmed were still on. Now I reinstalled alarmed as I need to set new alarms, but none of the alarms already set are showing in the GUI (knowing that they do work as I have an alarm set on 16 or 17 of the month and it does trigger).
Worst, the GUI doesn't seem to work at all now, when I click on new to set a new alarm, the GUI crashes.

Here is the output of /opt/alarmed/alarmed.py -C -L :
Code:
No events specified
And the first part of the file /var/cache/alarmd/alarm_queue.ini :
Code:
[config]
snooze: 600

[#00000001]
cookie: 1
trigger: 1486037169
flags: 132288
alarm_appid: ham_updates_status_menu_item
alarm_time: 1378123569
alarm_tm.tm_year: -1
alarm_tm.tm_mon: -1
alarm_tm.tm_mday: -1
alarm_tm.tm_hour: -1
alarm_tm.tm_min: -1
alarm_tm.tm_wday: -1
alarm_tm.tm_yday: -1
alarm_tm.tm_isdst: -1
recur_secs: 86400
recur_count: -1
action_cnt: 1
action0.flags: 4130
action0.dbus_interface: com.nokia.hildon_update_notifier
action0.dbus_service: com.nokia.hildon_update_notifier
action0.dbus_path: /com/nokia/hildon_update_notifier
action0.dbus_name: check_for_updates

[#000008f5]
cookie: 2293
trigger: 1487349000
title: My alarm
flags: 131072
alarm_appid: alarmed
alarm_time: 1403019000
alarm_tm.tm_year: -1
alarm_tm.tm_mon: -1
alarm_tm.tm_mday: -1
alarm_tm.tm_hour: -1
alarm_tm.tm_min: -1
alarm_tm.tm_wday: -1
alarm_tm.tm_yday: -1
alarm_tm.tm_isdst: -1
recur_count: -1
action_cnt: 2
recurrence_cnt: 1
attr_cnt: 1
action0.flags: 65
action0.label: cloc_bd_alarm_notification_snooze
action1.flags: 64
action1.label: cloc_bd_stop
recurrence_tab0.mask_min: 1073741824
recurrence_tab0.mask_hour: 262144
recurrence_tab0.mask_mday: 131072
recurrence_tab0.mask_mon: 4095
attr0.attr_name: textdomain
attr0.attr_type: 3
attr0.attr_data.sval: osso-clock
You can see here "My alarm" that is set and triggers, but alarmed doesn't seem to see it (neither in the GUI ar with CLI).

Any idea on how can I make alarmed read the alarms set by it and overall make the GUI usable again.

Thanks.

So today I tried to start alarmed GUI from Terminal and when I try to create a new event, the GUI crashes and I get this message :

Code:
$ /opt/alarmed/alarmed.py
:: Starting alarmed GUI
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to AlarmedGUI "", which already has a layout
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to AlarmedGUI "", which already has a layout
Segmentation fault
$
Any solution?

So I updated Alarmed to extras-devel version and now I can create new alarms, but I can't see (and obviously edit or delete) any of those added by alarmed to /var/cache/alarmd/alarm_queue.ini before flashing (and they are there as shown in my post.

I've read here in the forums (can't remember where exactly) that there is a command alarmclient that can be used to delete already set alarms, but I can't seem to find it in the repos. Anyone have an idea of where to find that tool? Or maybe a way to delete the alarms already set without deleting the file /var/cache/alarmd/alarm_queue.ini (as I have some alarms and reminders that I would like to keep).

After some digging I found that alarmclient is available on cssu testing.....

Is it possible to promote it to cssu stable? As that's what I'm using.
Or is there a problem if I download the deb from cssu testing and install it on cssu stable? Wouldn't want to break my N900.

Thanks.