Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Thanks for the reply. I was already able to pinpoint what is causing PulseAudio to freeze. It turned out our audio blob uses AudioSystem::getDeviceConnectionState for BT headset detection, which in turn is dependant on AudioPolicyService, not enabled in SFOS, so it waits for it forever.

As a quick hack, try placing patched libmedia.so to /usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib (it won't wait for AudioPolicyService).

For the long term solution I'd better try to enable AudioPolicyService service, as it was done for onyx and probably some other devices. That patch doesn't built as-is with hybris-11 though.

And well, testing is not a problem, since phone network is pretty cheap in Russia (for example, I have 300 minutes, which I never manage to use considerable amount of, and 3 GB for about 3.3$/month).
Seems to be working perfectly to me. Thank you so much - you are a genius.
Sorry if I got a bit carried away in my last post, but now I've had a taste of Sailfish, I just couldn't bear the thought of going back to Android.

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
bought one :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
This looks quite interesting and I am already very thankful for all the hard work the porters did.

I think I will get one myself to get a glance at sailfish (I am aware of the alpha state of the port) and to have an device with which I can play Space Team with friends

A few questions to remove last doubts:
- Can the OS access the SD card by now?
- Can I use the phone bought from USA on German phone networks?
I read online that it works and I read that it doesn't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
1. From what I know you have to mount it manually. Doesn't work as is (if my knowledge is up to date).
2. I am able to use it on both 2G and 3G in Poland so it should work in Germany as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mp107 View Post
1. From what I know you have to mount it manually. Doesn't work as is (if my knowledge is up to date).
2. I am able to use it on both 2G and 3G in Poland so it should work in Germany as well.
any idea on 4g?

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Most probably no chance.
Built-in 4G/LTE modem supports only one band which is not used in Europe.
Some details about built-in modems (there are 2) are available here: http://elektranox.org/2017/02/motorola-droid-4---modem/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Quick question. In the next build I want to remap some keys in kernel, to avoid editing xkb files. Do you think it's a good idea to make Caps Lock => Shift and Shift => Ctrl, or this will cause unneeded confusion?

SYM is going to be Left Alt (needed to allow layout switching combinations, for example). What would be the good use for OK? Currently I have it as \ and | key on my device, which is useful in terminal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Disclaimer: i don't own one yet

The changes seem very reasonable. Caps Lock isn't usually needed (except by trolls) and this brings the keyboard very close to a real keyboard. The only problem is that the shift label is on another key, but I would accept that.

Is there a way to switch the keys or is the keymat one part?

Edit: mp107's solution two posts below seems to be better to me.

Last edited by Macros; 2017-08-04 at 10:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Quick question. In the next build I want to remap some keys in kernel, to avoid editing xkb files. Do you think it's a good idea to make Caps Lock => Shift and Shift => Ctrl, or this will cause unneeded confusion?

SYM is going to be Left Alt (needed to allow layout switching combinations, for example). What would be the good use for OK? Currently I have it as \ and | key on my device, which is useful in terminal.
Hi TheKit,

Edit:
IMHO, having a ctrl key would be great, and it'd be like a standard keyboard then (as Macros said, and you'd no doubt thought), so sounds like a good idea to me.
\ and | would be good too, but we also are currently missing : and ; which can be useful? If only we had another spare key!
Probably a stupid idea, but can shift + cursor key be mapped? Then maybe : and ; could be given their proper key and < and > could be shift + left and right cursor keys?

Also, don't know if you've already done this, but in post 33, elros34 suggested how to get the keyboard lights working:

Create ini file in /etc/mce/
[KeyPad]
BrightnessDirectory=/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight // or similar path

I tried putting those 2 lines into a file called 20backlight.ini, and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks

Last edited by moodroid; 2017-08-04 at 09:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
@TheKit
Why not OK -> CTRL?
It would be more convenient for pressing most popular CTRL + Z,X,C,V at once due to a larger space between keys. Otherwise it would be harder to press f. e. CTRL+X combo (keys would be close to each other but unable to do it using one finger). I use CTRL+Z,X,C,V,A more frequent than CTRL+↑←↓→ so placing CTRL near the arrows doesn't disturb me.
Beside that, keeping Shift at place and setting Caps Lock as Alt allows to use not only Shift + Letter/Sign (A, B, C, ;, : ) combo but also Shift + Alt + Letter/Sign (I've customized it on Android for f. e. Alt+Shift+/->|, Alt+Shift+A->Ą) and Alt+Tab. Moreover, it would allow pressing Shift + Alt, Alt + Tab using only one finger.

EDIT: Added the layout I currently use (here with assigned Polish character keys) as the reference of my idea.

Last edited by mp107; 2017-08-04 at 10:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:

Tags
droid, hwkbd, sailfish os, xt894