Notices

I don't know, I set it to use the 24 hour clock, went back to the main view and without going back to the settings, I asked what time it was and it said it's 2:50, although it should have said 14:50.

I installed the patch and it's replying again (without sound however).

This is the output I get now. I don't have CuteSpot or LLs vplayer installed anymore, so it seems there's something wrong in my system, too.

Code:
WARNING: Use 'tracker <command> [<args>]' instead...\n
�����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������Uitvoeren zoekopdracht is mislukt, 1.7: syntax error, expected `{'
/home/nemo/.cache/saera/musictitles.grammar has 1 rules
/home/nemo/.cache/saera/musictitles.voca    has 3 categories and 3 words
---
Now parsing grammar file

Now modifying grammar to minimize states[-1]
Now parsing vocabulary file

Now making nondeterministic finite automaton
Now making nondeterministic finite automaton[1/1]
Error:       undefined class "TITLE"
Error: cannot open "/home/nemo/.cache/saera/musictitles.dfa.tmp"
---
no .dfa or .dict file generated
dbus-monitor: unable to enable new-style monitoring: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: "Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.191" (uid=100000 pid=9877 comm="dbus-monitor --system type='signal',sender='org.bl") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Monitoring" member="BecomeMonitor" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.DBus" (bus)". Falling back to eavesdropping.
Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.jolla-mediaplayer was not provided by any .service files
Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.CuteSpot was not provided by any .service files
Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.llsVplayer was not provided by any .service files
Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.jolla-mediaplayer was not provided by any .service files
Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.CuteSpot was not provided by any .service files
Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.llsVplayer was not provided by any .service files
[D] onCheckedChanged:110 - Checked
[D] onCurrentIndexChanged:134 - Always

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Thanks, it seems something works differently in DBus on Sailfish 2.0+. I will try and fix this as soon as I can get one of my devices running SFOS 2.0.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Hello,
Why use espeak?

I compiled for n900 the packet SVOX (picotowave) a project used by google.

The voice is more natural, and totally offline for its use and multiang.

Https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...highlight=svox

SVOX project N900

If you appreciate my work donated, thanks.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pirateman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pirateman View Post
Hello,
Why use espeak?

I compiled for n900 the packet SVOX (picotowave) a project used by google.

The voice is more natural, and totally offline for its use and multiang.

Https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...highlight=svox
Espeak is used for the main engine; it is required because I also use it for generating phonemes for voice recognition of non-dictionary words (such as contact or song names). There is an option on Sailfish to use Flite instead, for some of the reasons you have listed; I hope to port this to the N900 as well. I will also look into adding SVOX as an option for speech synthesis too.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
First of all, thank you for developing this App. Very promising.

Installed Saera on my Jolla 1

SailfishOS v2.0.5.6
Python 2.7.9

Worked for a minute and it stopped saying Bye.
I see following in the journalctl

Code:
Feb 02 09:34:39 Sailfish [3979]: [D] onError:256 - Python error: Return value of PyObject call is NULL: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/saera2.py", line 1374, in cancel_listening
                                     return platform.cancel_listening()

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/sailfish_hw.py", line 694, in cancel_listening
                                     client.send("TERMINATE\n")

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/pyjulius/core.py", line 158, in send
                                     _, writable, __ = select.select([], [self.sock], [], timeout)

ValueError: file descriptor cannot be a negative integer (-1)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Thank you, I will look into it. It could be the OOM killer stopping the Julius process; I'm not sure pyjulius knows how to handle that gracefully.

Everybody: It appears that I made a mistake in Git when I merged this commit - I overwrote my changes to the navigation code. As this only affected the upstream files, I did not discover the issue on my testing devices (which still had the correct code); however, my build server pulls changes from Github, and built the package with the wrong data. As such, turn-by-turn navigation is completely broken in the package in the repos (it will just say "<destination> is <distance> away" and then hang forever). I will upload a patch this evening, once I can verify that that commit did not break anything else.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
I have uploaded 2.3.3 to OpenRepos, which has a patch for the navigation issue.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Hi Taixzo,

Great work so far.

But to get it working I've noticed that when there is some special characters on my meetings Saera doesn't work, for exemple ' character commonly used in french language.

Here is the output :

Code:
 harbour-saera
[D] QQmlDebuggingEnabler::QQmlDebuggingEnabler:1455 - QML debugging is enabled.                                                 Only use this in a safe environment.
[D] QWaylandEglClientBufferIntegration::QWaylandEglClientBufferIntegration:62 -                                                 Using Wayland-EGL
[W] MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient:103 - Could not find any z                                                N.M subdirs!
[W] MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient:129 - Theme dir "/usr/shar                                                e/themes/jolla-ambient/meegotouch/z1.0/" does not exist
[D] onCompleted:48 - testing
WARNING: The 'tracker-sparql' command is no longer available.

(tracker sparql:7818): Tracker-WARNING **: Locale '0' is not set, defaulting to                                                 C locale
Could not run query, GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Parse: 1.                                                7: syntax error, expected `{'
---
Now parsing grammar file
---
/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/julius/ARM/mkdfa.pl /home/nemo/.cache/saera/                                                musictitles
Connecting to pyjulius server
....Connected
dbus-monitor: unable to enable new-style monitoring: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error                                                .AccessDenied: "Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sen                                                der=":1.3172" (uid=100000 pid=7838 comm="dbus-monitor --system type='signal',se                                                nder='org.bl") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Monitoring" member="BecomeMonito                                                r" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.DBus"                                                 (bus)". Falling back to eavesdropping.
[D] QPythonPriv::formatExc:612 - "PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent cal                                                l last):

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/saera2.py", line 58, in <module>
    import sailfish_hw as platform

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/sailfish_hw.py", line 764, in <modul                                                e>
    timed.check()

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/sailfish_hw.py", line 721, in check
    alm[sections[0]] = ast.literal_eval(sections[-1])

File "/usr/lib/python3.4/ast.py", line 46, in literal_eval
    node_or_string = parse(node_or_string, mode='eval')

File "/usr/lib/python3.4/ast.py", line 35, in parse
    return compile(source, filename, mode, PyCF_ONLY_AST)

File "<unknown>", line 1

'Net'IN : 1ère édition !'

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax
"
[D] QPythonPriv::formatExc:612 - "PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent cal                                                l last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

NameError: name 'saera2' is not defined
"

"
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Cannot import module: saera2 (Traceback (most r                                                ecent call last):

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/saera2.py", line 58, in <module>
    import sailfish_hw as platform

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/sailfish_hw.py", line 764, in <modul                                                e>
    timed.check()

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/sailfish_hw.py", line 721, in check
    alm[sections[0]] = ast.literal_eval(sections[-1])

File "/usr/lib/python3.4/ast.py", line 46, in literal_eval
    node_or_string = parse(node_or_string, mode='eval')

File "/usr/lib/python3.4/ast.py", line 35, in parse
    return compile(source, filename, mode, PyCF_ONLY_AST)

File "<unknown>", line 1

'Net'IN : 1ère édition !'

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax
)
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.resume_daemons' (Tr                                                aceback (most recent call last):

)
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.activate' (Tracebac                                                k (most recent call last):

)

"
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.initialize' (Traceb                                                ack (most recent call last):

)

"

"

"
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.set_position' (Trac                                                eback (most recent call last):

)
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.resume_daemons' (Tr                                                aceback (most recent call last):

)
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.activate' (Tracebac                                                k (most recent call last):

)
Warning: record_sample_close; file not opened yet!?
[D] QPythonPriv::formatExc:612 - "PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent call last):

"
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.pause_daemons' (Traceback (most recent call last):

)
[D] QPythonPriv::formatExc:612 - "PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent call last):

"

"
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.resume_daemons' (Traceback (most recent call last):

)
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.activate' (Traceback (most recent call last):

)

"
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.pause_daemons' (Traceback (most recent call last):

)
Detected proximity input

"
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.check_can_listen' (Traceback (most recent call last):

)

"
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.resume_daemons' (Traceback (most recent call last):

)

"
[D] onError:256 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.activate' (Traceback (most recent call last):

)
When I modify this meeting I got saera working, but without sound :

Code:
 harbour-saera
[D] QQmlDebuggingEnabler::QQmlDebuggingEnabler:1455 - QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
[D] QWaylandEglClientBufferIntegration::QWaylandEglClientBufferIntegration:62 - Using Wayland-EGL
[W] MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient:103 - Could not find any zN.M subdirs!
[W] MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient:129 - Theme dir "/usr/share/themes/jolla-ambient/meegotouch/z1.0/" does not exist
[D] onCompleted:48 - testing
WARNING: The 'tracker-sparql' command is no longer available.

(tracker sparql:8459): Tracker-WARNING **: Locale '0' is not set, defaulting to C locale
Could not run query, GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Parse: 1.7: syntax error, expected `{'
---
Now parsing grammar file
---
/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/julius/ARM/mkdfa.pl /home/nemo/.cache/saera/musictitles
Connecting to pyjulius server
....Connected
dbus-monitor: unable to enable new-style monitoring: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: "Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.3249" (uid=100000 pid=8481 comm="dbus-monitor --system type='signal',sender='org.bl") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Monitoring" member="BecomeMonitor" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.DBus" (bus)". Falling back to eavesdropping.

time
touch /tmp/espeak_lock && espeak --stdout -v +f2 "It is 2 40." | gst-launch-0.10 -q fdsrc ! wavparse ! audioconvert ! volume volume=4.0 ! alsasink && rm /tmp/espeak_lock && pactl set-sink-volume 1 65536 &

(gst-plugin-scanner:8524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class GstDroidCamSrc doesn't implement property 'scene-mode' from interface 'GstPhotography'

(gst-plugin-scanner:8524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class GstDroidCamSrc doesn't implement property 'noise-reduction' from interface 'GstPhotography'

(gst-plugin-scanner:8524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class GstDroidCamSrc doesn't implement property 'image-preview-supported-caps' from interface 'GstPhotography'

(gst-plugin-scanner:8524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class GstDroidCamSrc doesn't implement property 'image-capture-supported-caps' from interface 'GstPhotography'

(gst-plugin-scanner:8524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class GstDroidCamSrc doesn't implement property 'flicker-mode' from interface 'GstPhotography'

(gst-plugin-scanner:8524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class GstDroidCamSrc doesn't implement property 'exposure' from interface 'GstPhotography'

(gst-plugin-scanner:8524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class GstDroidCamSrc doesn't implement property 'colour-tone-mode' from interface 'GstPhotography'

(gst-plugin-scanner:8524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class GstDroidCamSrc doesn't implement property 'capabilities' from interface 'GstPhotography'

(gst-plugin-scanner:8524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class GstDroidCamSrc doesn't implement property 'aperture' from interface 'GstPhotography'
time
Hope this will help.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to berimbau For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Not sure how useful this is (or whether you know about it already), but figured I'd point it out just in case.

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/1...voice-dataset/

Cheers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Thanks MikeHG, I've been watching this and am hoping to be able to integrate it (as the VoxForge model I'm currently using is not that great). Currently their DeepSpeech model is not suitable for running on a phone (it requires TensorFlow, and to do realtime requires a fairly high-end desktop GPU), but hopefully this will improve in the near future.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text