Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Any chance of an option to automatically switch on a mode at start-up?
I am thinking a checkbox to enable with a combobox with (Torch and Flash) options in.
Hmm, sounds doable. Let me give it a shot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
As usual great app Sir. Is it possible to add something like timing clock to torch, as an option to turn off it self after chosen amount of time. Like sleep timer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
As usual great app Sir. Is it possible to add something like timing clock to torch, as an option to turn off it self after chosen amount of time. Like sleep timer.
Drat, and I just completed another update. That sounds fairly easy to do, let me see what it would take to implement.

Well, the autobuilder is once again stuck in an endless loop, so I don't know when (or if) it will happen, but Lanterne 0.5.3 has been submitted for entry into the extras-devel repository. In this one, a new feature to automatically switch on the LEDs when Lanterne is started (thanks Sixwheeledbeast); this can be controlled via a new pair of options on the Preferences window. Also, a fix for an uninitialized variable (thanks Chill).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Feature request.
Any chance of an option to automatically switch on a mode at start-up?
I am thinking a checkbox to enable with a combobox with (Torch and Flash) options in.

This will then completely remove my need for Flashlight.
Brilliant idea! Practically, this removes need for status-menu widget or anything like that. Unless Copernicus got some nifty ideas to (ab)use it for something more

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
A good program for (automatically or manually) recording calls, system/bluetooth sound, etc! We have "recaller", but it's unmaintained, bugged as hell, tends to hang on worse possible moments, and half functions doesn't work as intended (FLAC recording fails silently, can't automatically record SIP conversations at all...) + It suffers from "I'm a widget" crippled configuration (still, some bits of it could be sueful to determine how to achieve certain things).

Having all the bad things about recaller said, I'm using it daily (and many other people too, AFAIK), so I would download properly maintained replacement in a heartbeat. Could be good reason for you to learn bits about N900 sound thingie's, too
Well, I took a look at the Recaller source code. And it isn't that bad; I thought to myself, "Hey, this is just a little Python script that makes a few DBus calls and a few GStreamer calls. And I already know how to use DBus. I could whip out a C++ app for this in no time flat!"

Heh.

"Learn bits about N900 sound thingie's", you ain't kidding. The GStreamer mechanism is vast; I spent an amazing amount of time researching, selecting components, and twiddling with parameters before I managed to record a single audio file. And I suspect you could spend a lifetime trying to come up with an optimal GStreamer pipeline, there are just so many variables to consider... And, as it turns out, I didn't understand DBus nearly as well as I'd thought either.

Anyway, after much teeth-gnashing and hair-pulling, I've come up with a rudimentary audio recording app. It still needs work, but I figure I should put it out there and see what folks think about it. I've named it "Orecchiette"; I'll go ahead and put up an announce thread for it...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Small ear shaped, home made pasta. You are big pasta stuff fan :-D

But seriously, will be great to have an allternative for Recaller - I'm using it all time, and because of that, I have to reboot at least few times a week - and that's not busy week.
Any news with Lanterne torch auto - off time, is it easy ( for You easy ) to do?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
Any news with Lanterne torch auto - off time, is it easy ( for You easy ) to do?
Ah, adding a timer is easy; figuring out a user interface for it, that I'm not so good at. I'm thinking maybe an additional entry in the Preferences window? Something that would apply to all the torch modes... Let me see what I can come up with.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
App machine ! You are too fast

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I never take or make phonecalls without having bluetooth audio source on Recaller enabled.
A Recaller alternative with MP3 and OGG file output format options would be great!
I look forward to this one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
I never take or make phonecalls without having bluetooth audio source on Recaller enabled.
A Recaller alternative with MP3 and OGG file output format options would be great!
I look forward to this one.
I'm still working out the details on how audio actually works. I've currently got SPX, AAC, WAV, and FLAC encoding options set up, and they all seem to be working. I dunno if MP3 will work, there are patent encumbrances on it; but there might be a Nokia MP3 plugin available... Is "OGG" actually an audio encoding? I thought it was video. Let me do some research.

EDIT: Ah, yeah, "OGG" is the mechanism used for packaging audio and video together. (Kind of like Matroska.) There are several open source audio formats; I've already got support for Speex (an encoding format optimized for voice data). There's also Vorbis and Opus, which are higher-end encodings for music. Dunno just how much of a load using those would place on the N900, though.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2013-06-08 at 12:21. Reason: Info on Ogg

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashlight, lanterne, morse code, nokia n900, strobe light, torch