Hi folks,
a new release (0.11-2) of slumber has landed!

Main Features:
  • If you have a Amazfit Device connected to the current version of the Amazfish application, you can use the watch's button to reset the sleep timer. No more reason to punch your bed or to have your phone even laying on there. (Big plus if you're not sleeping alone…)
  • If you use the integrated Kodi trigger, you can now select to shutdown or suspend the Kodi system (your Kodi system has to be configured to support it – not all are).
  • You can disconnect (audio) Bluetooth devices without fully shutting down BT or disconnecting other devices. I don't have many BT devices, so this may need some adjustments. Please tell me about problems!

As usual, here's the more condensed/complete change log:

* Sun May 19 2019 0.11-2
- feature: reset timer with button press on Amazfish-connected device
- feature: optional second Kodi action: Suspend/Shutdown (Not supported on every Kodi configuration)
- feature: disconnect (audio) bluetooth devices without fully shutting down BT
- enhancement: enable "quick select" for main page pull menus
- bugfix/enhancement: support Kodi 18 (leia) API change
- appearance: move notification setting to "Actions" settings page
- appearance: make "playback detected" notification inline
- some translation updates (thank you, translation team!)

Thank you for your time,
cheers!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Slumber 0.12-1 Changelog:

- feature: add simple dbus interface

@velox: do you have some api documentation for this (e. g. for using slumber out of podqast...)

Hah, totally forgot to post it here, sorry. So, yeah:
Thu Nov 14 2019 0.12-1
- bugfix: fix settings page for volume restoration
- a lot of translation updates (thanks, translation team!)

Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
Slumber 0.12-1 Changelog:

@velox: do you have some api documentation for this (e. g. for using slumber out of podqast...)
It is a simple interface. I mean really, really simple: It's only inside QML, without any daemons or whatnot.

Basically it has two methods (startTimer, stopTimer) and a signal (Triggered), all without any arguments.
Also, I've only really tested the signal, because I use it in the new version of Talefish to automatically rewind a bit when slumber paused it. (Hint: The signal should normally be fired before any pause commands are triggered)

Have a look at https://github.com/jgibbon/slumber/b...lumber.qml#L62 for path/interface.

cheers!
___

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Hi folks!
There's a new release out (0.12-2), mainly supporting the changed dbus interface for amazfish 1.0 (to reset the timer when the watch button is pressed), but also featuring some translation updates:

* Mon Jan 06 2020 0.12-2
- enhancement: support changed Amazfish 1.0 interface
- translation updates sl, ru (thanks, translation team!)

cheers!
___

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
I like Talefish and it's directory based approach, but I feel the complexity or the ambition behind the project is killing it.

The Slumber companion doesn't work on Xperia X and Xperia 10 III. Sailfish 4.5. It only succeeds at stopping itsself.

Talefish lacks features that make audiobook players attractive:
-the M4A book chapter recognition features that the Android / Apple alternatives offer.
-the possibility for bookmarks and notes

Using it as it is but the lack of sleep timer is tough in my user scenario. Anyway many thanks for your effort to bring decent essential software to this platform.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
I like Talefish and it's directory based approach, but I feel the complexity or the ambition behind the project is killing it.

The Slumber companion doesn't work on Xperia X and Xperia 10 III. Sailfish 4.5. It only succeeds at stopping itsself.

Talefish lacks features that make audiobook players attractive:
-the M4A book chapter recognition features that the Android / Apple alternatives offer.
-the possibility for bookmarks and notes

Using it as it is but the lack of sleep timer is tough in my user scenario. Anyway many thanks for your effort to bring decent essential software to this platform.
Hi,
I previously replied to your slumber problems in the Talefish thread, but have now moved it here:

Sadly, the jolla store restrictions since Sailjail prevent most advanced options in slumber from working, so I concentrated on openrepos in the past.

But I am now also in the process of releasing to chum where you can find the newest release. There's still a bug preventing translations to be included but the bugfix is already on it's way to be released (thanks again to eson for filing a bug report for that yesterday, I forgot to submit the bugfix release to "non testing" chum – oops.)

The version on openrepos is a bit older right now but should also work better than that from jolla store. I am going to update that as well when the changes for chum are really done.

Another quick option would be to manually install the current rpm from the automatic builds on github (I suggest openrepos or chum though to get further updates): https://github.com/jgibbon/slumber/releases

cheers,
velox
___

Quick update:
The mentioned update to v0.16-3 is now available in regular chum. Please let me know how it works for you.

thanks & cheers
velox
___

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Hi,
I previously replied to your slumber problems in the Talefish thread, but have now moved it here:

Sadly, the jolla store restrictions since Sailjail prevent most advanced options in slumber from working, so I concentrated on openrepos in the past.

But I am now also in the process of releasing to chum where you can find the newest release. There's still a bug preventing translations to be included but the bugfix is already on it's way to be released (thanks again to eson for filing a bug report for that yesterday, I forgot to submit the bugfix release to "non testing" chum – oops.)

The version on openrepos is a bit older right now but should also work better than that from jolla store. I am going to update that as well when the changes for chum are really done.

Another quick option would be to manually install the current rpm from the automatic builds on github (I suggest openrepos or chum though to get further updates): https://github.com/jgibbon/slumber/releases

cheers,
velox
Good day, finally I got myself an XA2 testing device on Sailfish 4.5, figured out wtf is Chum and installed the Chum provided version of Slumber.
As far as basic functionality goes: It works!

In a test, it worked for a 30minute sleep countdown both on VLC (Android compatibility layer based, so I did not expect this)
as well as on Talefish (native Sailfish OS sister application)

Nice to see graphic countdown on the minimized application.

Sticking to basics, I already encountred an inconvenience: when the timer takes effect, instead of fading the sound nicely (expected behavior) it makes a distored radio sound, potentially stressing or waking up the person already in sleeping mode or sleeping.
EDIT: above "noise" is by design, it is the "dying cassette player" option and there are 3 sounds which can be chosen or can be turned off. Great to have options. Mixing custom sound fragment would be awesome!

PS
Where is now the standard place to comment about (mostly Sailfish) application's bugs or errors, feature requests etc?

Last edited by ste-phan; 2024-03-06 at 11:30.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Where is now the standard place to comment about (mostly Sailfish) application's bugs or errors, feature requests etc?
Depends on the developer. Some prefer OpenRepos and/or Forum but mostly they prefer their GitHub/GitLab repo.

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:

Tags
media, sailfishos, timer