Notices

Originally Posted by stas123 View Post
Anyone care to give us some tips on how to update the old Maemo package for compatibility with Fremantle?
Bump! Still looking for this!

Any ideas?

I've just finished with Maemo/Fremantle port of GoldenDict 1.0.1 (probably latest stable version). Unfortunately, at this time not all features, which exist on desktop version, are ported. And icons look ugly, because i've scaled them from 16x16 to 64x64. Inspite of that, app is very usable, works very fast and fits my needs. Before i used QStardict, but it's very slow and has less functionality. GoldenDict doesn't exist still in repository, but if somebody wants to test, i can share the deb file.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to emilhuseynli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by emilhuseynli View Post
I've just finished with Maemo/Fremantle port of GoldenDict 1.0.1 (probably latest stable version). Unfortunately, at this time not all features, which exist on desktop version, are ported. And icons look ugly, because i've scaled them from 16x16 to 64x64. Inspite of that, app is very usable, works very fast and fits my needs. Before i used QStardict, but it's very slow and has less functionality. GoldenDict doesn't exist still in repository, but if somebody wants to test, i can share the deb file.
Post it. I am sure many will love to test including myself. For icons if you don't want to design your own icons, maybe get those from web. Someone has a link in his signature which points to license free icons for web and app developers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
waiting for deb

The Following User Says Thank You to udaychaitanya16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
GoldenDict works fine in Easy Debian (mine is fully upgraded to Squeeze, no idea if that matters).

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
+1 for a deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i use Mstardict, it is fast and sufficient for me. but if goldendit is better i would like to try it out(when a .deb will be available)

so +1 waiting for .deb

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
bump, +1 for the goldendict deb

Need it for N9 too

Tags
curley watts, goldendik