Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Is Tegra 2 Nvidia something good to have? Every tablet are advertise about it, and I have no idea what so good about it, lol.

and the viewsonic tablet has ambien light sensor, just like the N900

bun

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Hotspot will take care of it. Wifi hotspot, my LG Optimus V can provide that.

I found another one, and I think I may like this one better, http://www.buy.com/prod/viewsonic-vp...218018747.html

it is 3G ready. and smaller. What do you all think?

bun
Are you sure your LG Optimus V could provide infrastructure mode WiFi hotspot? Most phones can only provide ad hoc WiFi hotspot due to hardware limitation. The default G-Tablet cannot connect to ad hoc mode WiFi hotspot without a fight, so you must make sure your phone can do that. (I'd definitely go buying an Optimus if it can do that)

IMHO 7" has better form factor than 10" tablet, as such it can be slip into the inner pocket of my suit. Again, stock android cannot connect to ad hoc wifi, has no bluetooh-PAN profile. You need to research a bit to get it tethering to your phone. Otherwise, you'd better get the 3G version (if available) and plug your sim in it.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-06-23 at 02:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Are you sure your LG Optimus V could provide infrastructure mode WiFi hotspot?....
LG Optimus V can provide wifi hotspot for the android 2.2 tablet. I just tried it, it connects in seconds and surfs the internet, the optimus has 3G connection from sprint and provided the wifi hotspot for the android tablet. How can one tell whether this is infrastructure or ad hoc hotspot?

bun

LG Optimus V can provide wifi hotspot for the android 2.2 tablet. I just tried it, it connects in seconds and surfs the internet, the optimus has 3G connection from sprint and provided the wifi hotspot for the android tablet. How can one tell whether this is infrastructure or ad hoc hotspot?

bun
The Hotspot app should tell you. Otherwise, check the WiFi connection with a PC.

Most complaint about the viewpad7 is the cpu clocked at 600 MHz would be very slow. Can one overclock it?

bun

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@bun:

I wrote about the really subpar screen here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...&page=250#2500

On the next page (if your tmo view preferences are still at the default 10 posts per page), there's mention of the dock as well. It's worth getting the dock, if you plan to use it.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
What is a LCD display? Is the N900 display is a LCD display?
TIA,

bun
I might use the wrong term . But if you see the screen at different angle. The color is "out". Really "ugly". You wont be able to read or watch video.

You can only see the screen at "1 angle" if not mistaken 90 degree, any other angle, you will not be able to view it.

From processor point of view -> Tegra 2, so no complaints.
The only problem is the "Screen". Thats all .

I would suggest http://www.slatedroid.com/ for getting some helpful info about android tablets. I currently use a Pandigital PDN which is nice, got it for $115 and it does everything I want. Pandigital just released "Planet" tablet which seems to be getting positive response.

I have a g tablet (10") since a couple of months, running Cryanogen Mod 7.03. It replaced my faithfull N900 for casual browsing and a lot of my ever-important time-wasting activities.

On the other hand, it looks like there's no Linux installation available yet. I'd like to run Meego or Natty on it, to make it a useful tool (for mindmapping, OpenOffice, etc.) People have documented some attempts, but it doesn't seem stable...

Tags
tablet 3g gps