https://community.fxtec.com/topic/24...&comment=37688
Originally Posted by Erik
We want to explain why a very small number of retailers have the Pro1.

Firstly, they have approached us since we first announced Pro1 at MWC in Feb and we've been in discussions with them since. They have also promised to help with success of the Pro1 in the market place which is important for us. We have only given them a much smaller number of units than they asked for because of all the customer pre-orders. Our pre-orders are our most important customers. For us to be a strong company for you, we also have to build a sustainable business and if we turned those retailers away we would have lost their business going forwards.

Our priority is getting devices to our pre order customers, this has not changed.
Response from Erik regarding the retailers. Seems to be about what I thought.

Last edited by Shirabe; 2019-12-19 at 09:47. Reason: Erik changed some formatting

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
no. Not really. Your theory was that they jumped the line.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3132
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3144
And it seems that they were in the same waiting line like everybody else. Since February. Add to that, most preorders was 1pc only so whoever get pro1 so far got exactly what he ordered and paid for. And with retailers, from your quote above, that's not the case. So they should be bitching a lot more since it looks like that they didn't exactly get what they preorderd.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
no. Not really. Your theory was that they jumped the line.
That would've only be from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3144, which I already corrected. Besides, I said "about", not "100%" or something similar. It is about what I thought, which mainly was that they were getting preferential treatment over "regular" customers.

Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
And it seems that they were in the same waiting line like everybody else.
Not how I read it, they were getting special treatment. This is evident from F(x)tec being in talks, and F(x)tec giving them a bone to not stop all relations with those shops, and those orders only "technically" being pre-orders, not actually pre-orders, and that they're coming directly from the factory.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
If you're talking about me, could you point me where I did that? Because that wasn't my intention and I'd like to edit those posts to clarify.
Guess you weren't talking about me. That, or you couldn't find any content of mine that fit that description, making it just a baseless accusation. Either way, it might help if you're clearer about who you're talking to and about what because without that it's impossible to find any basis for your claims, making them baseless accusations, and surely you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
A note to anyone updating Sailfish through the OBS repository: please flash the kernel after updating packages through pkcon/zypper. Currently it is not done automatically (needs to be investigated, can be a problem with https://github.com/sailfish-on-fxtec...lash-partition). It can be done with the following command:
Code:
dd if=/boot/hybris-boot.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a
The recent change was switching from userdebug to user build for Android adaptation bits (same as stock firmware), which uses different kernel config with lots of debug options disabled and greatly improves bootup time and overall performance. There is newly built CI image which has it already included, but otherwise updating packages and flashing kernel as described above should work for existing installations.
Wow! That's really a boost. Boot time is now on a normal level a apps are now starting really fast. All feels really snappy.
Thanx for the update!!

The problem with a crashing system when inserting headphones is also gone. Brilliant.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I'll also post about my experience with SFOS soon, but I can already say that I am impressed, pleased, and don't see any significant reason not to use it as my daily driver. A huge thanks to all porters for an amazing work!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Another question for those with SFOS: does it support double-tap to wake?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
yes it does. Even so it isn't absolutely reliable. By the way after the last update not only the performance got better, but also battery life has significantly increased.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I'll also post about my experience with SFOS soon, but I can already say that I am impressed, pleased, and don't see any significant reason not to use it as my daily driver. A huge thanks to all porters for an amazing work!
Have you been able to set up a working keymap file?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
yes it does. Even so it isn't absolutely reliable. By the way after the last update not only the performance got better, but also battery life has significantly increased.
I does work all the time when the phone has locked recently. Is it possible that there are two sleep states, with a deep sleep that double tap wouldn't wake? Just throwing hypotheses, but we will need more tests to check when double tap works or does not work.

Not yet Fellfrosch, I haven't even had the time to look into it yet. However I got qwerty fully working including / and ? using the Alt key thanks to TheKit's help (see Github). To explain to those who haven't tried SFOS on the Pro1, the problem with these symbols is they require using the yellow arrow modifier. However, the keyboard on SFOS behaves like a desktop keyboard so far, meaning the yellow characters (second layer symbol) are activated with Shift. This works for special character keys and numbers, but alpha keys just turn into capital letters when used in combination with Shift, as expected. And the issue is ? and / are the second layer of alpha keys, so Shift doesn't trigger them. Therefore, TheKit proposed a small modification to enable them using Alt. Many more possibilities should be possible once we figure out how to use the yellow arrow modifier in SFOS.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-21 at 00:00.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit