Active Topics

On Maemo, and various posts in these fora, there is much information on how to use an MMC card as extra storage for the file system, important because the internal memory of the 770 is just 64mb.

Unfortunately, the information provided is out of date. Most is almost 2 years old and applies to the 2006.

Some of the software used seems to be unavailable and is attributed to wolfram(.ravenstock). I understand that this would be quite an undertaking, but is there anyone who can update this information for use on os2007he? I am able to do th work myself, but, few of the published instructions are up to date enough.

NOTE: that I am not trying to dual boot with a different OS, but just simply trying to use my MMC for additional storage for loading more software.

Thanks for any replies and information.

Bob

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by urban1 View Post
On Maemo, and various posts in these fora, there is much information on how to use an MMC card as extra storage for the file system, important because the internal memory of the 770 is just 64mb.

Unfortunately, the information provided is out of date. Most is almost 2 years old and applies to the 2006.

Some of the software used seems to be unavailable and is attributed to wolfram(.ravenstock). I understand that this would be quite an undertaking, but is there anyone who can update this information for use on os2007he? I am able to do th work myself, but, few of the published instructions are up to date enough.

NOTE: that I am not trying to dual boot with a different OS, but just simply trying to use my MMC for additional storage for loading more software.

Thanks for any replies and information.

Bob
Why not dual boot? That is the whole issue, you can have the whole MMC to your app installation. What is your consideration of MMC boot? On my 2007He I installed just a few apps, the mem dropped from 64 MB to 16 MB and everything came to a halt....Now I dual boot on MMC using a 2G MMC, instruction here, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...hlight=cloning,
allocated 450 MB for OS, and after most of my apps installation, I am left with 280 MB mem for more apps. Interesting to hear your reservation.

bun

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Why not dual boot? That is the whole issue, you can have the whole MMC to your app installation.
Yes, I don't get it too. With extending only part of the system you have to tweak it a lot and then you end with something fragile (i.e. there are two parts that can break). When whole system is on MMC it just works without any extensive changes and you have another bootable copy in flash as a backup. True that you can't remove the card when system boots from mmc, but you can't remove it with extended rootfs too if you really use it for something.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.