Active Topics

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
https://twitter.com/Nokius/status/781946189252071425

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Since this is the closest to the first post I can get I will update this with the current Situation:

Well working Sailfish OS is available for both LTE and WIFI versions,

Install Instructions:
Sailfish OS for Xperia Z3 Tablet (LTE)
Sailfish OS for Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (Wifi)

With a notable exception of the Cameras, everything else works.

Last edited by r0kk3rz; 2018-06-11 at 08:07.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Not a great deal works just yet, but both flavours (LTE, Wifi) of the tablet have got builds.

Sailfish looks nice on the screen though, and the tablet ui is cool too.
If https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris is up to date you should push out those builds if stable.

One can work around sensors especially on a tablet using powermenu 2. Gps and camera has less priority on a tablet for me, bluetooth would be a nice to have in the future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
If https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris is up to date you should push out those builds if stable.

One can work around sensors especially on a tablet using powermenu 2. Gps and camera has less priority on a tablet for me, bluetooth would be a nice to have in the future.
I need to do a new build as Nokius and Mal fixed a rather major issue yesterday around the /tmp directory not being created properly and causing quite a lot of issues.

I agree sensors and cameras are of lesser importance on a wifi tablet, but there are things that don't have rows on the HADK table that are currently broken.

I do miss the screen orientation sensor though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Is there a thread or wiki where I can follow the current progress of this port and find builds? I couldn't find a corresponding link in the wiki https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

The Following User Says Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
Is there a thread or wiki where I can follow the current progress of this port and find builds? I couldn't find a corresponding link in the wiki https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
I don't think there is anything other than the table row for tracking the progress as of yet.

builds can be found here: https://nokius.net/SFOS/
I will have to get Nokius to re-add the scorpion_windy build I have

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Just installet the latest image from Nokius. Looks promissing. Will try to use it like daily Nerd-Device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
After a busy weekend porting I've built a new port for the Z3 Tablet based upon the AOSP 6.0.1 hybris branch released by Jolla last week as part of the Xperia X stuff.

The situation is already looking much better than before, with working Wifi, sensors (yaay dynamic orientation!), media playback, and cameras (working as well as AOSP, which is badly).

It's still a bit rough around the edges and things may not work consistently yet, some videos might not play and some play with no sound.

There's a few issues I want to sort out before releasing it to the public, like the lock screen doesn't work properly and it regularly hangs during the boot process for some reason but once Jolla releases 2.1.1.X I'll release an update image for the Wifi version.

The 3.10 linux kernel means we might be able to run anbox too which would be nice.

Hopefully either Nokius or nh1402 will build a image for the LTE version, the fixes should be mostly the same.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Just a status update, thanks to the work that Jolla has been doing on the Xperia X we now have working bluetooth on the Sony Z3 Tablet as well. I've tested file transfer with a Jolla C, as well as headset and remote control profiles, thats all the bluetooth devices I have.

I also fixed the lockscreen, and so the only major outstanding bug is the fact that sometimes it takes 6-7 attempts before it succesfully boots.

I've got an image for SailfishOS 2.1.2.3, so hopefully Jolla can make this one a full release sometime this week

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Fantastic to hear this. SailfishOS looked great on the Jolla tablet, even better than on phones IMHO. The only problem was apps failing due to memory issues. Better hardware like this Z3 should fix that.

I hope Jolla starts offering commercial support for SailfishOS on this device, like on the Xperia X phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post: