Active Topics

Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I just noticed that the pulldown menu in Email / "New email" now only shows "Send" and "Discard draft". "Add attachment" is no longer available. Does anyone else experience this?

SailfishX 2.1.4.14 Lapuanjoki
I do.

Maybe "Add attachment" feature has been moved under three dots (...), as it can be found there. Maybe it has been there also in older versions.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I just noticed that the pulldown menu in Email / "New email" now only shows "Send" and "Discard draft". "Add attachment" is no longer available. Does anyone else experience this?

SailfishX 2.1.4.14 Lapuanjoki
nice spotting!
Now add attachment is behind the three dot menu.
(as Heik mentiond in the same seconds)

2nd edit:
If three lines are a burger menu, are three dots a meatball or shashlik menu?

Last edited by mosen; 2018-04-13 at 12:57. Reason: heik was quicker

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
Maybe "Add attachment" feature has been moved under three dots (...), as it can be found there. Maybe it has been there also in older versions.
As far as I know, it has always been under the dots. I have never used the "Add attachment" pulley menu and have always considered it redundant. It is possible that Jolla devs did too.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
As far as I know, it has always been under the dots. I have never used the "Add attachment" pulley menu and have always considered it redundant. It is possible that Jolla devs did too.
I've never gotten used to using the pulley. Seems like too much effort to do something simple.

Last edited by mscion; 2018-04-14 at 11:37. Reason: Typo...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I've never gotten used to using the pulley. Seems like too much effort to so something simple.
I agree, it seems like they are forcing you to use a gesture, but when there are too many options to scroll is useless. I really like the swype back function, instead of pressing the back arrow like N9. Anyway, sometimes a button would be better than the pulley.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I've never gotten used to using the pulley. Seems like too much effort to so something simple.
Swipe down and release (if you know which option you can technically do it without looking at the screen) as opposed to tapping the precise spot of a small button with three stripes, then tapping the precise spot of the button you want?

If there are any unnecessary uses of pulldown menus where a simple button would clearly suffice (the 'Data usage' page in the Settings used to have its 'Clear' options in a pulldown menu, for example), you can always report them for improvement.

I still think the pulldown menu is one of the most clever ways of interaction I've seen. It only works as long as there are four options at most (five, such as in the Email application, are stretching it), but in that sense it also requires developers to put more thought into what is really necessary and what isn't. Buttons that fold out lists of options are all too often used because no one can decide if the option should get its own button or be moved to a separate page. Of course, the pulldown menus still suffer from the huge problem that you can't open them unless you're at the very top of the page. Some solutions to this have been suggested, and I don't know why Jolla hasn't bothered implementing one yet.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Of course, the pulldown menus still suffer from the huge problem that you can't open them unless you're at the very top of the page. Some solutions to this have been suggested, and I don't know why Jolla hasn't bothered implementing one yet.
Exactly, like in the gallery, where if I want to select many pictures I first have to go back to the top. And by selecting multiple pictures you can just delete them, so they could directly add another option with a long press for "delete multiple items" and get rid of the pulley there.

Last edited by claustn; 2018-04-14 at 08:35.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Of course, the pulldown menus still suffer from the huge problem that you can't open them unless you're at the very top of the page. Some solutions to this have been suggested, and I don't know why Jolla hasn't bothered implementing one yet.
Yeah, the usual solution is to put header/footer to the top/bottom of your listview, which acts as an anchor for people to open the pull down/up menu at any time.

It's of course a trade-off as it's slightly reducing the viewport size of the listview, but many times you will need a header anyway so that users know on waht listview they are looking at & there could be so many items in the listview that interacting the menu would be really cumbersome (you could use fast scrolling, but then you loose your "cursor" position).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
No Bluetooth sound on Jolla Tablet with Sailfish 2.1.4.14.
It worked before with older Sailfish.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Okay... something seems broken. I have to manually update each and ever time now after having to force just one update.

It shouldn't be like that, no?

Regardless, this thread once again has come to the rescue and helped me update once an update has come in via the typical mechanism (OS Update). However I'd love to know how to figure out what is causing it to hang each time now after download and install.

Something's "off"...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: