Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Yeah, the script can not be copied from the code box due to limitations of the forum software. Download link works fine for me.

I added the script as an attachment, just remove the txt extension.
I copied it from code box without problem.
I was wrong download link works. I was on vpn connection maybe that's why it did not work for me earlier.

Thx i'll try and report back.

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Thank you downloaded them. GPS works for me too

It just does not rotate map (compass does not work i need that sensorfix) and also it does not follow cars movement. Update takes too long. On android google maps follows even footsteps
Rotation via compass is not supported by Poor Maps, as far as I remember.

As for car movement, it should follow it easily (using it for navigation). You may have to enable "Auto center on position" in main menu. Frequently, GPS lock can take some significant time, but after getting a decent lock, all should be closely followed.

In Poor Maps, the uncertainty in position is shown by a distance at the right bottom - by that you can judge how well your device's GPS thinks it knows your position.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
I have very bad experience. Today something went wrong with touch screen. It ignored touches. I could not unlock for 10 minutes. I couldn't scroll. Touch screen worked in recovery good. So i did reinstall wiped:
dalvik, system, data, cache and installed latest. It worked good.

It's highly unreliable system. If you need GPS quickly you can't rely on SFOS, If you need to send some files via BT you can't rely, If you want wifi tethering you can't rely. Android just works. Sadly this is what it is. Hack even slimport does not work. Other then this all the fancy linux stuff is nice to have on a phone. But as i said all these things i mentioned earlier are not relible for daily use. You should have dual boot with android.

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Have you read the known issues section on the front page? The non working touch screen issue is a bug many ports suffer, but there are many solutions. Have you enabled the Mozilla services for GPS? I normally get an GPS fix in 10 seconds. Wifi tethering works without any issues for me, but i do not use it. You are free to help to improve the port and get things you want like slimport working. You can not compare an unofficial Sailfish port to an OS like Android which is maintained by a few hundred people. Maybe an officially supported Sailfish phone or an Android device would be an better option for you?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
I have very bad experience. Today something went wrong with touch screen. It ignored touches. I could not unlock for 10 minutes. I couldn't scroll. Touch screen worked in recovery good. So i did reinstall wiped:
dalvik, system, data, cache and installed latest. It worked good.

It's highly unreliable system. If you need GPS quickly you can't rely on SFOS, If you need to send some files via BT you can't rely, If you want wifi tethering you can't rely. Android just works. Sadly this is what it is. Hack even slimport does not work. Other then this all the fancy linux stuff is nice to have on a phone. But as i said all these things i mentioned earlier are not relible for daily use. You should have dual boot with android.
I am using this port (still on 2.1.0.10) on my Nexus 5 without any of the issues you describe. I am not saying it is flawless, but what SFOS experience is?

You clearly have the experience needed, but for some reason you are having issues that others are not having. After reading several pages of all of your problems, I am not surprised that you aren't happy. I am just pleased that I have not encountered any of your issues.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Have you read the known issues section on the front page? The non working touch screen issue is a bug many ports suffer, but there are many solutions. Have you enabled the Mozilla services for GPS? I normally get an GPS fix in 10 seconds. Wifi tethering works without any issues for me, but i do not use it. You are free to help to improve the port and get things you want like slimport working. You can not compare an unofficial Sailfish port to an OS like Android which is maintained by a few hundred people. Maybe an officially supported Sailfish phone or an Android device would be an better option for you?
That's exactly what i am going to do. i will sell this nexus 5 and 4 and just get a xperia x probably. It has official support and it's a great phone. I wanted xiaomi note 4 for it's great battery life and it's well supported. all the hardware works under sfos i read in mer wiki. I am gonna choose between these 2 devices.

I am not saying that sfos port is bad. i get that it is just me having these problems. maybe it is related to my phone being bad. i do not know. i love linux and this os just i had very bad experience with it. but i will not go back to android.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
@mautz would it be possible to build a kernel with apparmor support?

The Following User Says Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
@bomo

I'll take a look into it and report back. Why do you need Apparmor support?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
@bomo

I'll take a look into it and report back. Why do you need Apparmor support?
I'd like to get some control over (closed source) running on SFOS. As we.don't have a separate user for each program filtering with iptables is not possible /easy, so I thought apparmor would be the most convenient way to achieve this. You being more proficient, do you have other ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
Just updated to 2.1.4.13 early access, phone booted succesfully, can't test much more since my screen is damaged at the moment and i have no sim inserted. I will release a new image when public release is out.

@Bomo, due to the broken phone i was not able to enable Apparmor at the moment. Sorry.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post: