Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
I am using 2.0.5.6 since several days, coming from 2.0.4.x I thought that the dbus bug should not have any impact on the above OTA upgrade but it took several attempts and a complete night to upgrade, i had to interrupt it, reboot, install the package where it was hanging manually and do a version --dup again.

Do you guys run sfdfoid on cm12.1 + sfos >=2.0.4? I only get the blue cm logo? How can i fix this, i.e. rerun the very first scripts to configure cm (language settings etc)?
Hi BluesLee. I can't help you there, as I don't run sfdroid at all. I'm updating my system right now, OTA'ing from 2.0.4.14 to 2.0.5.6. I'll report back with any pertinent info regarding testing.

I will set up a test partition later and see if I can get sfdroid working on 2.0.5.6.

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
For me sfdroid is still working on my test installation...updating my main installation now.

Have you ried readding nemo to the net_bt_stack group?

UPDATE: sfdroid is still working after upgrade to 2.0.5.6.

Last edited by mautz; 2016-11-28 at 08:49.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
My first OTA to 2.0.5.6 broke my installation, as I didn't disable any repos or do what I was supposed to do. My fault! Anyway, this may be anecdotal, but now I'm on a "fresh" install (2.0.1.11 flash to 2.0.5.6 OTA directly) and I don't seem to have the notorious screen-on battery drain that we've been fighting since 2.0.2.x. At least nowhere near as bad. Whatever was updated must have fixed it.

Again, this could very well be conjecture, but through my testing I'm getting considerably less battery drain than before. I'm installing the latest mautz kernel and tweaking a bit. Will report findings. More to come!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Do you guys run sfdfoid on cm12.1 + sfos >=2.0.4? I only get the blue cm logo? How can i fix this, i.e. rerun the very first scripts to configure cm (language settings etc)?
My new clean install on MultiROM displays "Android is starting -- Starting apps" for ever. Tried couple times, but same results.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Has anyone who is using my kernel v6 or v7 noticed slow charging?

I checked charging today and it did only charge with 270mA. I compiled a new kernel with the old fast charge option and now i get 1500mA.

Kernel v7 with old fast charge option can be downloaded here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
I'm using Sailfish 2.0.1.11 since a few days and now i have some questions:

-Is there a way to show the remaining characters while writing a sms?

-while surfing the web with the stock browser, keyboard becomes half-transparent when i need to fill some text-windows, can i disable it?

-i can't connect to wifi networks that use EAP/PEAP autentication, how i can manage wireless connection with username and password?

-sfdroid is working, is it possible to exchange files between it and SFOS? without using some kind of cloud or anything that's internet based.

Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
I can't even email or upload files with sfdroid

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
I'm using Sailfish 2.0.1.11 since a few days and now i have some questions:

-while surfing the web with the stock browser, keyboard becomes half-transparent when i need to fill some text-windows, can i disable it?

-i can't connect to wifi networks that use EAP/PEAP autentication, how i can manage wireless connection with username and password?

-sfdroid is working, is it possible to exchange files between it and SFOS? without using some kind of cloud or anything that's internet based.

Thank you!
I'll address your points as they come to me (and as time permits!):

You can use wpa-supplicant via the command line to connect to EAP/PEAP networks, but a better workaround would be Roamer from OpenRepos. (https://openrepos.net/content/nodevel/roamer)

This is a GUI application that will allow you to create configs to connect to Enterprise wifi networks, WPA Enterprise, EAP/PEAP, etc.

I'll address the other points shortly. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
That was (finally!) implemented in 2.0.2. In 2.0.1, you are stuck with this patch from Openrepos.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
My new clean install on MultiROM displays "Android is starting -- Starting apps" for ever. Tried couple times, but same results.
I ran into the same problem, when using the new 2.0.4.13 image. No problems when using 2.0.1.11 image and updating to 2.0.5.6.

@ deprecated

Do you use okboard or only the stock keyboard?

You can access the files and folders of sfdroid normally like it used to be on an android only device.

sdcard for example can be found at /storage/sdcard0. Maybe you need root priviliges to access the folders.

Last edited by mautz; 2016-11-30 at 10:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid