Posts: 68 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Hello,

is there a dbus-command or something else to keep
the lock screen visible?
(see screenshot)
After a few seconds the display gets black and I can not see the time anymore...

I Want to use my n900 as a clock, even if it's locked for Example if I am at work.
Power is no problem because at work the USB is plugged in.

For example did I found that it is possible to lock /unlock by:
/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:locked
...but this command sets the with [locked] the display BLACK and with [unlock] 'NOT the clock-view'...

thanks for any help
schasch
Attached Images

Last edited by schasch; 2010-12-01 at 10:04.

...another possibility would be to show the time on this screen (screenshot 2)...because this can be enabled to stay visible/on...
Attached Images

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Install simple brightness applet, click the icon in the status menu and your screen will stay on, then you can use the clock in your status bar or add one to the desktop using QBW or something.

thanks James_Littler,

but then my device is not locked
in case I leave my office-room for to go nextdoor...

brightness applet is installed, and I am able to keep "sceenshot-2" visible, but that is not possible with "screenshot 1"

:-(

...or like I allready wrote would show the clock on "screenshot 2" help me too, because this can be kept 'backlight-ON'...

regards
schasch

What does disabling power save mode do? I think it's on the settings but never tried disabling it. But on my old n80 disabling power save mode disabled the device' sleep mode.

hello Radicalz38,

I disabled 'power-save-mode', but without result.
slider-look(screenshot1) gets black after 4/5 seconds

an application that writes directly in the framebuffer-device (/dev/fb0) would help. But I can not find a good way.

for testing framebuffer I compiled 'microwindors (microwindors.org)' for N900 and it runs and overwrites the key-screen(screenshot2). But the library are very old(buggi) and I can not compile the font-support for it (the little texts are not readable on our N900

regards
schasch
Attached Images