Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
I would love to see such a UI on N900 or maybe a future open source based phone .... not on windows based.

http://www.cnet.com.au/fan-made-noki...-339313596.htm

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
meh its a phone UI, not for maemo

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Why would we want something that is made by Microsoft?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
kinda cool, although i think it'll gonna a hell of time to do such a thing on n900

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Why would we want something that is made by Microsoft?
A fan-made UI enhancement concept for Windows Phone

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
kinda cool, although i think it'll gonna a hell of time to do such a thing on n900
If one could slide the desktops I imagin rotating a cube and running a command could be possible

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i didn't know that windows phones have fans.
2012 is coming.....

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Last edited by atilla; 2011-05-01 at 13:13. Reason: typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
To tell you the truth , this concept would make Windows Phone 7 (or the 7.5 update which is said to come soon) pretty appealing!

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Ugh, annoying tags on this thread too.

It's a neat idea, but the thing is I think if you actually put that kind of UI on an N900-like device you'd soon feel like you were missing some basic functionality that you had before with the current home-screen/task-switcher/menu paradigm we have going.

On the other hand, it's not that bad of an idea, and I think it'd be neat if somewhere down the line people had choice (on the N900 or elsewhere) to toggle between desktop environments with different paradigms; the above concept might not appeal to me as much as the N900's hildon already does, but it certainly can to other people, and nothing wrong with that. But, like always, people might not bother if they are already satisfied with the system, and most developers are happy as is, without the completely different UIs.

Just like the N900-installable gcc package isn't optified for crap, and no one bothers to put one into -devel that is optified, because the people who do develop on the N900 are happy with chroots or can optify the packages themselves.

So its just the "metro concept" except those widgets swivel in a cube formation and transform into another widget the user places.

Somewhat innovative, but hardly awe-spiring.

Tags
just no, never ever, never ever ever, no way