Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
How do you find anything in the market? can' even find google maps, not that it will work right now, but it's the only app I want. Android istelf is pretty cool.

yeah that thing is sweet....have they fixed the reboot problem?

and is google navigator working?

this one ----

google navigation

The Following User Says Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:
I just gave in and installed Nitdroid and am very impressed. It's interesting, one of the most impressive things is realizing how much work must have gone into Maemo to get by on so few hardware buttons. :-)

But since I had a G1, I was able to download a few of my apps. Some worked, some didn't (I wish Coloroid had worked) but it's interesting how much faster things were than on the old G1. Almost too fast when it came to Zen Garden. Also, I had some issues keeping the wifi connected - I need to look into that before I plan on using it a lot.

While I think I would prefer to have Meego on the N900 - the user interface is very nice, Android now has a lot of really great programs for flying and pilots and in the end, that will probably make my decision for me. But I'm truly grateful to have the option and to know that I won't have to keep drooling over every new phone that comes out or wish I had not bought the N900.

Oh - and strangely, my battery lasted longer on Nitdroid running from a class 4, no name 4 gig micro sd card. That's just wrong.

Terry

p.s. I don't think I'd flash Nitdroid permanently, though. Android still has some flaws as an OS or as a media player. If Meego really could do the Android apps (as rumored) I think that would be the ideal situation.

Last edited by terryowen; 2010-09-07 at 19:17. Reason: postscript added

The Following User Says Thank You to terryowen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Lagos, Nigeria.
hey man.
Am in Nigeria. I just installed NITDROID on my EMMC. IS there ay reason why i don't have any apps when i go to market? And is there anyway of working around this, please?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Were you following the guide here? In the first post of that thread is a section titled "App Market Fix", try following those instructions and you should end up with an App Market full of apps.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Lagos, Nigeria.
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Were you following the guide here? In the first post of that thread is a section titled "App Market Fix", try following those instructions and you should end up with an App Market full of apps.
Thanks man. I'll check it out now.

Tags
boring, nitdroid n900, who cares